|07-31-2009, 08:19 PM||#1|
Life is now or never
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,034Rep Power: 643462
45 lessons on life
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Don't take yourself so seriously.. No one else does.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. Love your parents because they will be gone before you know it.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't mess up the present..
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret etc, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry, God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath...it calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful..
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice linens, put out the good china. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter'?
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone, everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved..
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
|07-31-2009, 09:12 PM||#2|
Wham bam thank you ma'am
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,118Rep Power: 92715
they prolly could have made the point without all the god nonsense..
its mostly pretty good though.
|08-01-2009, 12:56 AM||#6|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond BC
Posts: 3,531Rep Power: 878418
|08-01-2009, 01:51 AM||#7|
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where the wild growler roams.
Posts: 20,282Rep Power: 9678018
|08-01-2009, 05:03 AM||#8|
Formerly Known As Jah
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,672Rep Power: 225450
Sound advice. Even the God part. Heathens.
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to Simulate Army Life||enduramil||NBR - Not Biking Related||5||09-01-2008 06:56 AM|
|Life Before Death||biggles604||NBR - Not Biking Related||28||04-03-2008 07:49 PM|
|internet persona vs. real life.||the flying moose||NBR - Not Biking Related||208||01-18-2008 02:43 PM|
|Run For Your Life 2 Nanaimo Premier (sticky?)||flowride||The Shore||20||11-18-2003 06:59 PM|
|The Essence of Life||Mic||The Shore||15||01-28-2003 11:16 AM|