PDA

View Full Version : Another good reason to wear a full face

Clownshoe
05-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Here's a little something I found while cheating on NSMB with another website.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/mangled.helmet.ap/index.html

Is this warranty? I was just ridind along and...

Rosscofat
05-17-2007, 04:55 PM
its crash replacement not warranty :) hhahahah

GeoffG
05-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I can't believe that Giro held up. They used to crumple if you dropped it off your bike:lol:.

bryce mcl
05-18-2007, 01:44 AM
I learned to wear a full face the other night even if you think you are doing the easiest of trail riding (dj'ing is another story). Fell off my bike over the handle bars on a small XC trail and smashed my face into a log. Almost broke my nose, cuts in my mouth, and still have a fat lip and it happened on Tuesday night. Kinda stupid but easy places are where a lot of accidents occur because naturally you think that you don't have to try as hard as on something more challenging.

jzogaris
05-18-2007, 01:54 AM
how the hell did a half helmet like that take the weight of a truck

Identity
05-18-2007, 02:03 AM
how exactly did he manage to position his head right under the wheels of the truck? And how did the truck touch only his helmet? I think I'll have to try this out

RAYClovis
05-18-2007, 07:16 AM
It said that he flipped over for slamming on the brakes. (Hydro brakes? I wonder at times.) So there's a chance that he either flipped close the curb or flipped so far that he was on the other side of the truck.

But really, a truck that didn't notice a bike flailing around? Did he flip and then put his head between the front and rear wheels?

paul_stranger
05-21-2007, 01:49 AM
thats a crazy story