PDA

View Full Version : Enough Sammitches...lets do soup

Loopie
05-03-2007, 10:39 AM
How do you kick up some of the common cans-O-soup?
For Mushroom...I use a full can of milk and a bunch of added mushrooms. Eat with crackers or pasta.
A tbsp of tomato paste to tomato soup...with milk of course. Crackers, pasta or dip bread.
Vegetable soup...a tbsp of tomato paste again...but with water. Crackers, pasta or dip bread.

I like these Chicken a'la Kings...but still not enough to truly 'eat like a meal'...
So I add 3/4 cup of corn, 3/4 cup of peas, cup and a half of mushrooms, 3/4 cup of tiny diced carrot, couple tbsp of sour cream...so that every spoonful is truly 'eats like a meal' :)
Ideally, you would add a couple cooked diced chicken breasts to this mix too...just didn't have it here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/loopie/Random%20stuff/flower007soup001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/loopie/Random%20stuff/flower007soup006.jpg

switch
05-03-2007, 02:53 PM
I've seen that before, but it wasn't in a soup pot.

gearwh0re
05-03-2007, 05:57 PM
i "kick up" soup the way any other person should - with hot sauce

jbazett
05-03-2007, 06:06 PM
My favorite would be chunky clam chowder....

1) Buy can
2) Open can
3) Put in pot
4) Stir with Penis, Careful it's hot, Better to do before it reaches temperture
5) place in bowls
6) Give to friends and Giggle behind their backs
7) Be sure to document with lots of pictures. Show them pictures before dessert.
8) Run

gooch
05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
That's just nasty

Man make it from scratch, canned soup has sooooo much shitty sodium in it

Chicken Stock, make it all the time you roast chicken and freeze it in different size containers, you can use it for so much stuff

Soup, Udon noodles or Pho, stock from chicken and or Dashi, add veggies, seafood and or beef, your body will thank you

Marvel
05-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Soups! Mmmm Mmmmm good!

I love making homemake soup and keep extra in the freezer. Big fan of chunky soups with lots of meat, beans, veggies and other good things. Just defrost with a nice multi-grain bagette and presto a good meal.

Some of my favs are a morocan chickpea soup, wild mushroom chowder, carrot and fennel soup, and a clear seafood chowder. Yum!

gooch
05-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Manhatten Clam Chowdah is the soup of soups

Loopie
05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Homemade is the way to go for sure. This was just a quickie thread for quickie soups out of a can...which is average once a mth.

The best thing for me lately has been quiting coffee and eating nothing but fresh fruit or fruit juice for the first 4hrs of my day. Any one read Fit For Life?

gooch
05-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Homemade is the way to go for sure. This was just a quickie thread for quickie soups out of a can...which is average once a mth.

The best thing for me lately has been quiting coffee and eating nothing but fresh fruit or fruit juice for the first 4hrs of my day. Any one read Fit For Life?

I stopped reading after you said "quiting coffee"

You are dead to me now

Mr. Charles
05-03-2007, 10:52 PM
I stopped reading after you said "quiting coffee"

You are dead to me now

and you were almost at the end.

Loopie
05-03-2007, 11:13 PM
:lol:...I'm supposed to be quiting beer too, but that one is proving a little more difficult

MudPie
05-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Manhatten Clam Chowdah is the soup of soups

there's a certain Tom Kha Gai would like to challenge your Klam Chowdah

gooch
05-03-2007, 11:54 PM
there's a certain Tom Kha Gai would like to challenge your Klam Chowdah

Gai has great standup, but his ground game is suspect, Chowda by arm bar, 1:47 rd. 1

jbazett
05-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Gai has great standup, but his ground game is suspect, Chowda by arm bar, 1:47 rd. 1
Meh I dunno, Split Pea has been working on it's Jujitsu. I think It would win by rear naked choke early in the second.

Mudpie: Best Rep comment ever.

gooch
05-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Meh I dunno, Split Pea has been working on it's Jujitsu. I think It would win by rear naked choke early in the second.

Slip peas footwork is way too sloppy, he may beat Gai but know way he can handle the clinch of Chowda

shorelocal
05-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Any one read Fit For Life?

Yeah, I read some of that book, but couldn't hold out as I was always freakin' hungry. I didn't notice any increase in energy and didn't lose any weight (not that I was trying). I figure best results will be seen by those who are grossly overweight and thus lack any energy ... just a guess on my part tho.

jbazett
05-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Chowda does have some devastating inside leg kicks, I could see how that could prove troublesome for Split Pea, Take away his legs and he can't shoot for a take down, which totally leaves him exposed to Chowda's superior striking.

gooch
05-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Chowda does have some devastating inside leg kicks, I could see how that could prove troublesome for Split Pea, Take away his legs and he can't shoot for a take down, which totally leaves him exposed to Chowda's superior striking.

Plus Chowda has a clam

switch
05-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Is Borscht considered soup? Because if so, it would be my favourite.

gooch
05-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Is Borscht considered soup? Because if so, it would be my favourite.

You're kidding right?

switch
05-04-2007, 12:24 AM
You're kidding right?Well, people on this board can't figure out whether salt is a condiment...

I still go with Borscht.

But clam chowder is definitely up there.

jbazett
05-04-2007, 12:25 AM
You're kidding right?Don't be too hard on him gooch, He's from Campbell river, The pulp mill smell does funny things to their tastebuds.

MudPie
05-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Plus Chowda has a clam

lavander infused clam?

I bet borscht has great ground n pound

shit I missed the fun

Loopie
05-04-2007, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I read some of that book, but couldn't hold out as I was always freakin' hungry. I didn't notice any increase in energy and didn't lose any weight (not that I was trying). I figure best results will be seen by those who are grossly overweight and thus lack any energy ... just a guess on my part tho.
Overall...the guy is pushing for vegetarianism. But what I really took away from it was the proper consumption of fruit and the body cycles. And at least the theory behind proper food combining.
All my life, I've never felt like eating for at least the first couple hrs upon waking up. This fits into the cycle he describes. The body doesn't need or want 'food' for the first 4-5hrs as it is in a cleansing phase. Fruit assists this and of course you get all the benefits of fruit intake. He does say, and I agree, that if some one is to do only one thing to change their eating habits...it is to at least eat ONLY fresh fruit/fruit juice for the first 4-5hrs of your day. This is all I am doing now and it's great:)
The idea behind food combining also makes sense to me. A classic meal...steak and potatoes...you guys ever feel 'heavy' in the gut after that? I noticed this before I ever read the book. But what is supposedly happening is that the protein needs one acid and the potato needs the opposite end of the PH scale...so they cancel each other out and you don't get proper digestion. It totally makes sense. Vegetables digest properly in any case.
So the idea with the food combining is to eat only one 'concentrate' (any food that is cooked) with vegetables. So a steak ONLY and veggies. Or a potato ONLY with veggies. You just have to separate the cooked foods into separate meals to get better digestion. I have started to play with this technique and it does seem to work.

gooch
05-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Don't be too hard on him gooch, He's from Campbell river, The pulp mill smell does funny things to their tastebuds.

borcsht has to be the worst soup ever and I'm part russian

switch
05-04-2007, 07:31 AM
borcsht has to be the worst soup ever and I'm part russianThat''s like saying wine sucks because you've only had Egri Bikaver.

Real borscht is amazing.