PDA

View Full Version : A sad day for the bb - farewell Stacy

[email protected]
01-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Stacy Kohut asked me to delete his account.

He's been a great, if controversial, contributor to these boards and I for one am a little sad to see him go.

cervo
01-08-2007, 08:14 PM
WWHHAAATTT????
WWWHHHAAATTTT?????
is this a joke Cam?

Nelson
01-08-2007, 08:19 PM
So sad to see him walk away...

DrewM
01-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Why would someone want to have their account deleted? It would seem to me to be simple enough to just stop using it...

Lady Gravity
01-08-2007, 08:21 PM
i guess he was just having a really bad day.

too bad, i enjoyed his controversial posts.

fitchy
01-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Stacey You Cant Leave

gary j
01-08-2007, 08:23 PM
a little early for april 1 don't you think?

say it isn't so.

stacey, if you are still lurking at least tell us why.

Tom
01-08-2007, 08:30 PM
I enjoy his posts, even when he got super pissed at me and wanted my last name and address after I LOL'ed at a joke someone made at his expense.

Wayne P
01-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Just when I started to like him. :(

Jaysin
01-08-2007, 08:38 PM
He's good shit.

Had a good talk with him a year or 2 ago on the phone, and he made alot of my shit really make sense to me.

Thanks Kohut, your inspirational talks and controversial posts kick some serious ass.

See you summer '07

Rat
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I liked the guy, he spoke his mind and had some great imput but hey .............

when you type like this..............

about the reptile origins of humans......................... I would

expect people to poke some fun at you.........once and a while.

pedalhound
01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Well, sad to see you go Stacy....while I didn't agree with everything you said...you made some sense and I liked all your periods.....

Bye for now man.

blunt boy
01-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Man I just gave him + rep too. I guess I'll have to say "Hi" to him after I block pass him on A-line.

ShoreIH
01-08-2007, 08:52 PM
Shame :( i need to email him more.

stillgoing
01-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, Stacy, you definately added flavour to this board. As others have mentioned, I also didn't agree with everything you said, but you are definately not boring.

If I ever see you around, I'm not likely to stop and chat, as that's just not my thing, but I'll be sure to give you some sort of shout out.

Keep rollin'

apeshape
01-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Adios............................................. .

Farewell.......................................... .....

Can I have his rep points?

Bryce
01-08-2007, 09:12 PM
... to put a title

newgirl
01-08-2007, 09:15 PM
that's too bad - maybe he was unimpressed with some low grade threads floating around?

Stacy's ornery posts were totally enjoyable, honest, funny and intelligent. I liked them.

mr_fungle
01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
That is too bad - I enjoyed his rants.

Lady Gravity
01-08-2007, 09:22 PM
that's too bad - maybe he was unimpressed with some low grade threads floating around?

i think it was more that he felt he was being personally attacked. too bad really.

Aeropusher
01-08-2007, 09:51 PM
well that just made my Monday suck even more.

Dantes Inferno
01-08-2007, 09:55 PM
See you in pano.

toycdn
01-08-2007, 10:00 PM
This thread reads like an obituary :lol:

Too bad about Stacy leaving, brought some life to the boards.

Adam West
01-08-2007, 10:00 PM
bye stacy!

.glib
01-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Guess his skin just wasn't thick enough........

...... needed more scales......

gooch
01-08-2007, 10:36 PM
I have a feeling something else is really bugging him, I find it hard to believe that he would get that worked up about a bb and a few jokes. I hope whatever it is it gets better

enduramil
01-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I have a feeling something else is really bugging him, I find it hard to believe that he would get that worked up about a bb and a few jokes. I hope whatever it is it gets better

Your probably right. Hope it all works out for him.

gearwh0re
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
stacy, peace out

glad you and i "made peace" before you left

AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI
01-08-2007, 10:50 PM
That sucks, i loved stacys posts.
farewell bud.

the Master Plan Dan
01-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I'll miss ones like this!

obesity is caused by being uneducated/unaware of how the body works, and which fuel is needed to make the body run properly.

being uneducated and unaware of YOUR OWN body is basically due to laziness.
the lack of desire to become educated and aware about ones own body is what causes obesity.

anyone, anywhere, can learn about their body and what is needed to make it work properly.

you could be a white trash mother facker from armpit usa, and still have access to the information needed to be healty.if you do not seek that info out, thats your fault.

there was that one girl in supersize me that says.........

"its just not realistic to live that way.......", she was refering to staying away from fast food and being thin.....

realistic?,don't ya mean your not discipline enough to get educated and be aware?

Farewell!

Dan

Lady Gravity
01-08-2007, 11:23 PM
damn, this bb is like a big family. sure hope he can sort out what's bugging him and come back.

Endless Biking
01-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Stacy,

Thank you for speaking your mind, calling it as you see it and living life at full-throttle. You are an inspiration to many.

Keep 'er pinned!

DB @ EB

jonny.zee
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
That's too bad. It took me a while to warm up to him, but I got to a point where I really enjoyed hearing his POV.

I would find myself reading threads (normally, the ones I'd skip over) whenever I noticed Stacy was the last "contributor."

______
01-08-2007, 11:43 PM
This whole thread is screaming "Look at me! I'm leaving. Say something nice about me please!"

Meh.

newgirl
01-08-2007, 11:49 PM
^^^with the exception that Stacy actually didn't start this thread...

SkunkworkS
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
He was fun to talk with in the lift line.

Made fun of my torn-open-ass-and-chammy-but-awesome-ventilation-with-extra-speed Oakley shorts though, bastard.

biggles604
01-09-2007, 12:07 AM
I liked the guy, he spoke his mind and had some great imput but hey .............

when you type like this..............

about the reptile origins of humans......................... I would

expect people to poke some fun at you.........once and a while.

I always pictured William Shatner when I read his posts.

Straw
01-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I think it's for the best. I don't know if he ever agreed with anyone on anything, other than 80s motorcycle stars.

He just seemed to have a big chip on his shoulder, every day.

Wayne P
01-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Jeez guys, maybe everything is going great in his world. Maybe it hasn't changed at all, maybe he just wanted out for no apparent reason. The soap opera continues......................

Zedbra
01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
He'll be back.

Dantes Inferno
01-09-2007, 12:22 AM
we should give him a farewell in world of warcraft. then pwn some nubs.

[email protected]
01-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Here's what Stacy said to me when I asked him what was up. Note - he wasn't whining - this was in a personal email to me.

just wanted to say, the nbr forum was the nail in the coffin.
personal attacks and silly little cliques run rampant in that forum.

i couldn't handle it.

the biking forums were great.

FlipFantasia
01-09-2007, 01:15 AM
Here's what Stacy said to me when I asked him what was up. Note - he wasn't whining - this was in a personal email to me.
that's fine and dandy, but it's easy to not go into certain forums.....I never go in there because I know that's what it's all about and want nothing to do with it......I dug stacy's POV.....nice to see people speaking for what they think, either side of an issue....

DaveM
01-09-2007, 01:17 AM
It's a shame, he was an entertaining member and his passion for racing anything is unmatched.

But it's not like he ever shied away from throwing out the personal attacks himself.

Uncle Duke
01-09-2007, 01:20 AM
hey stacey, too bad buddie.things get grumpy this time of year.

just remember you can always change your mind.

Testy
01-09-2007, 01:28 AM
More often then not, Stacey Kohut seemed to post what many people were thinking.

enduramil
01-09-2007, 01:34 AM
that's fine and dandy, but it's easy to not go into certain forums.....I never go in there because I know that's what it's all about and want nothing to do with it......I dug stacy's POV.....nice to see people speaking for what they think, either side of an issue....

At the end of the day we are all human. And because we are human we take things posted different ways.

enduramil
01-09-2007, 01:40 AM
More often then not, Stacey Kohut seemed to post what many people were thinking.

*puts on Tin Foil lined helmet*

Sideshow
01-09-2007, 01:44 AM
I agree with Stacy and have backed off on my activity here for the same reasons. Personal attacks and a few that consider themselves BB elite( by their own designation of course).

We used to have issues with groms that had no respect now the problem lies in the +30 crowd. Time for some fresh mods and a little housecleaning for sure.

Any of you that miss Stacy......got to Wis, he's not too hard to find. He is a complex and scary man...lol

hypa
01-09-2007, 01:46 AM
I blame the rep points for this.
They were a good idea, but in practice all they do is create animosity. Suddenly someone you like on the boards gives you bad rep because they're having a bad day, or don't agree with one of your points (what do you expect with political debates?). That's not the recipe for creating a close knit board.

This place changed when the rep system came into play.

:(

Smoke
01-09-2007, 01:46 AM
Any of you that miss Stacy......

The King is dead.....

LONG LIVE THE KING!

GeoffG
01-09-2007, 01:51 AM
I blame the rep points for this.
They were a good idea, but in practice all they do is create animosity. Suddenly someone you like on the boards gives you bad rep because they're having a bad day, or don't agree with one of your points (what do you expect with political debates?). That's not the recipe for creating a close knit board.

This place changed when the rep system came into play.

:(

I think it changed the board for the better. Rarely, do you see anyone making stupid threads, comments or posts. I think the majority of people are afraid to have a bad rep so they change the way they post.
I used to be really active in the NBR, but I just can't handle it anymore. I've turned to more of a troll. I read the threads that interest me, but rarely join in on the battles. It gets frustrating and it can be draining.
Farewell Stacy. Hopefully I'll see you in the summer and say Hi:).

newgirl
01-09-2007, 01:56 AM
I agree about the forums in NBR - I posted a super cool website called www.retrothing.com (http://www.retrothing.com) all about inventions and nostalgic retro toys, video games, chem sets furniture etc. and was hoping other people would post cool stuff, - (some did)

but it was totally destroyed by sexual innuendos (yet again) etc.

Sideshow
01-09-2007, 01:56 AM
^^^^ the issues have been here long before the rep system, I still don't know how it works, and I don't care.

I read what people write and form my own opinions, I think its a silly way for over users to really make each other seem rad.

Sideshow
01-09-2007, 01:58 AM
I agree about the forums in NBR - I posted a super cool website called www.retrothing.com

and it was totally destroyed by sexual innuendos etc.

ya the offenders know who they are and should just shove off. Been going on for a while.....what are mods for if not catching all the shit flying around??

SkunkworkS
01-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Why is it that the people who have the HIGHEST rep points/power are the ones who only are ever found in the NBR on a mountain biking site?

Just some food for thought...

Adam West
01-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Why is it that the people who have the HIGHEST rep points/power are the ones who only are ever found in the NBR on a mountain biking site?

Just some food for thought...
cause the nbr needs the most moderating?

newgirl
01-09-2007, 02:05 AM
a slight departure but a suggestion nonetheless: I would actually like new more informative forums too (in keeping with the "choose the forum in the "Lycra" section).

I would like senior and elite bikers to school and educate us beginners. Almost like a Q&A session. For me it would be really beneficial as a lot of us are learning or trying so hard to progress and there are so many amazing riders on here - can't we put it to good use somehow!?

I am getting a new bike which will be more than I can handle I'm sure and I would like help without feeling stupid for asking on how to ride the damn thing.

like "ask a pro" forum.....just a thought.

Smoke
01-09-2007, 02:08 AM
a slight departure but a suggestion nonetheless: I would actually like new more informative forums too (in keeping with the "choose the forum in the "Lycra" section).

I would like senior and elite bikers to school and educate us beginners. Almost like a Q&A session. For me it would be really beneficial as a lot of us are learning or trying so hard to progress and there are so many amazing riders on here - can't we put it to good use somehow!?

Just lie back, close your eyes, and think of England.

newgirl
01-09-2007, 02:10 AM

you shut up smokee!!
but while I'm at it - why not do a beg/intermediate tour? I might have money to go but wouldn't be able to keep up with your crew? or would that be too boring. Thing is, a lot of the people that have money to burn are middle aged beginners, weekend warriors etc. would it be possible that you might cater to something like that once and a while? or if you and Barb don't do you know anyone that does?

anyway another point - beginners and intermediates need some guidance and this could really come together on this site.........

Sideshow
01-09-2007, 02:12 AM
smoke just uses his bizz as an excuse to go riding all summer while Barbie works.....I'm sure he likes his high end groups just fine- and he is rich in personality so he will be ok......lol

[email protected]
01-09-2007, 02:15 AM
too bad. I liked his posts, as can be seen by my sig.

BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP

syncro
01-09-2007, 02:22 AM
He'll be back.

yeah, it's not like he's just gonna up and walk away from the boards

toycdn
01-09-2007, 02:25 AM
yeah, it's not like he's just gonna up and walk away from the boards

Wtf? Honestly.

syncro
01-09-2007, 02:27 AM
Wtf? Honestly.

dude, i know him well enough from here and he's the type of guy that could appreciate the sarcasm in that. he's laughed at worse before.

Smoke
01-09-2007, 02:28 AM
you shut up smokee!!
but while I'm at it - why not do a beg/intermediate tour? I might have money to go but wouldn't be able to keep up with your crew? or would that be too boring. Thing is, a lot of the people that have money to burn are middle aged beginners, weekend warriors etc. would it be possible that you might cater to something like that once and a while? or if you and Barb don't do you know anyone that does?

anyway another point - beginners and intermediates need some guidance and this could really come together on this site.........

Do it for your queen....

http://www.micklebring.com/bml/images/victoria66brithday.jpg

But on to your question (as we seriously hijack this thread. Bah....I was bored of Kohut. He sucked at singletrack anyway).....

We get all types on the tours, it really doesn't matter that much if you go around the bigger stuff. Because it's first time down the trail for almost everyone, you end up stopping and starting a lot, inspecting the line, sessioning the hits, and generally just not going that fast. Remember, most of my clients are from the UK, and you know what they're like....

If a bunch of you NSMB types are into it, lets do it up for the long weekend in May. Penticton, Queen Victoria's birthday, debauchery....you know, good times.

enduramil
01-09-2007, 02:32 AM

Screw England.

SkunkworkS
01-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Shite.

KaledenStinky
01-09-2007, 02:38 AM
sad to see stacy go.

enduramil
01-09-2007, 02:40 AM
Shite.

Long live Scotland.

Sorry, feeling a little militant as it's approaching Robbie Burns day and am still recovering from Hogmanay.

newgirl
01-09-2007, 03:06 AM
Maybe there should be a mynsmbspace. that'll keep it separate the shit from the biking.

you can post pics of your gf in her undies, tell each other how rad you are, and who you banged last night.

so at least if its labelled - you know what you are going in for....!

Trini-dad72
01-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Well damn.

Stacy, I'll have to come up to Whistler and say Hi when I am done school in August. I'll most likely not even have a bike, but I'll wait at the lift line up for ya anyway. Cheers for all of the great posts, and for speaking your mind.

edit: newgirl, I have been helping out various newbies and such for a long time. PM Oysterboyz about it. I have taught him stuff that I still suck at, it just so happens that I can teach stuff, and make sense. Maybe thats why I am going into ECE...

syncro
01-09-2007, 03:12 AM
Maybe there should be a mynsmbspace. that'll keep it separate the shit from the biking.

we have that, it's called nbr - the cesspool of nsmb

newgirl
01-09-2007, 03:26 AM
Well damn.

Stacy, I'll have to come up to Whistler and say Hi when I am done school in August. I'll most likely not even have a bike, but I'll wait at the lift line up for ya anyway. Cheers for all of the great posts, and for speaking your mind.

edit: newgirl, I have been helping out various newbies and such for a long time. PM Oysterboyz about it. I have taught him stuff that I still suck at, it just so happens that I can teach stuff, and make sense. Maybe thats why I am going into ECE...

thank you Trini-dad72 - that's very kind of you to offer. I will pm you. cheryl also pm'd me saying she would offer any help she could which was really really nice. THAT's what makes this a cool board.

er and if anyone wants to know about the movie biz pm me in return!

newgirl
01-09-2007, 03:30 AM
If a bunch of you NSMB types are into it, lets do it up for the long weekend in May. Penticton, Queen Victoria's birthday, debauchery....you know, good times.

ok seriously Smokey J - THAT is a helluva an idea!

cdn_rider
01-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Kohut i know your reading this .... stop being a suck .... just for that no yellow visor this year .... ya you herd it ... i bought a yellow visor just for you ... team Kohut is no longer .... can't wait to see you in the village and kick your grumpy ass ....

This should get his attention

Quote KOHUT ... If jim can hit the gap at the bottom of the mtn then it must be real easy so now i know i can hit it ....

Jay T.
01-09-2007, 03:32 AM
I am getting a new bike which will be more than I can handle I'm sure and I would like help without feeling stupid for asking on how to ride the damn thing.

no offence and i could be taking this the wrong way but it really bugs me when people say they are buying a bike they cant handle or they dont need, to me its a bike and if you have the money buy the one you like, they are all ment to do the same thing, and thats to have fun on

enduramil
01-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Do it for your queen....

http://www.micklebring.com/bml/images/victoria66brithday.jpg

*nasal royal accent*

I'am not amused.

newgirl
01-09-2007, 03:36 AM
no offence and i could be taking this the wrong way but it really bugs me when people say they are buying a bike they cant handle or they dont need, to me its a bike and if you have the money buy the one you like, they are all ment to do the same thing, and thats to have fun on

Jay T you know me better than that - i am just trying to be modest. I am going to feel very self conscious on a bike that rock stars ride when its obvious i still need training wheels! I got a good deal that I couldn't pass up -- I can love this baby for years to come - when i will be good and rad! I am really excited about it and I am appreciating that i am lucky enough to have friends that look out for deals to help me on my limited income!!

Did I mention you look stunning?

enduramil

Alot can be learned by hooking up with the right people and just go out riding.

freakonaleash
Kohuts gone ? Say it aint so. I wanted to ride with that guy at whistler, even told him id pm him when i was gonna go so i could meet him there sometime :lol: DAiiiimmmmmmmm

enduramil
01-09-2007, 03:37 AM
[QUOTE=newgirl]Jay T you know me better than that - i am just trying to be modest. I am going to feel very self conscious on a bike that rock stars ride when its obvious i still need training wheels! I got a good deal that I couldn't pass up -- I can love this baby for years to come - when i will be good and rad! I am really excited about it and I am appreciating that i am lucky enough to have friends that look out for deals to help me on my limited income!!

QUOTE]

Pic's of new bike?

Jay T.
01-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Jay T you know me better than that - i am just trying to be modest. I am going to feel very self conscious on a bike that rock stars ride when its obvious i still need training wheels! I got a good deal that I couldn't pass up -- I can love this baby for years to come - when i will be good and rad! I am really excited about it and I am appreciating that i am lucky enough to have friends that look out for deals to help me on my limited income!!

Did I mention you look stunning?

i know i look stunning, all the guy's wives i work with keep threatening to kill me b/c their husbands cant stop talking about me:fruit:

and what bike are you getting?

that and its awesome when people get you good deals, if it wasnt for eric at deity i would have been bikeless through my last year of highschool, thanx for the hook ups buddy

newgirl
01-09-2007, 03:49 AM
i know i look stunning, all the guy's wives i work with keep threatening to kill me b/c their husbands cant stop talking about me:fruit:

and what bike are you getting?

faith 1. - if you see a girl on a black one falling down somewhere swearing her head off that will be me. stop and say hi.

HIBuLlitT
01-09-2007, 06:34 AM
cam, just tell him you won't delete his account on account he can't walk away like that...

Stacy, if you're reading this, get your ass back here, you're like a shot of tequilla in this glass of milk...

KenN
01-09-2007, 06:45 AM

Probably the best way to pick up new skills is to join a club. Lots of local riding clubs, some have women's only rides, and pretty much all have some great kickass riders leading up the rides. Just the kind of folks you want to learn from!

Kn.

bunny
01-09-2007, 07:06 AM
if i was unhappy with nsmb or forum members, i'd make constructive suggestions as to how we could make it better, or just stop logging in. he talks enough about willpower i'm sure he could overcome any occasional urges to post.

i'm assuming this is stacey's way of making a point. the... "that's it! i'm leaving nsmb. goodbye forever!" tactic seems to have limited success both in shock value and in actually happening. but stacey always did have a flair for the dramatic, and his approach seems to be working.

i'll get flamed for this.. but i won't miss him. i did find the crazy lizard talk hilarious, and he may have had some great points but his method of delivery just had such an angry, hard, condescending vibe that i had a hard time not feeling offended by his posts.

i know i'm pretty soft and may just need to toughen up to the the harshness that exists many places... but i think if he wants to cry about his feelings to cam maybe he could consider how his attitude has affected other people, both on here and in real life.

trout
01-09-2007, 07:27 AM
Punk is dead.....

Too much drama......

Oh the pain......

Turn7
01-09-2007, 07:58 AM

my advice?...

1] get out with some good riders.

2] hook up with DB @ Endlessbiking (http://www.endlessbiking.com/) = awesome learning.
(i've been riding for 11 years and my skill set has ramped up huge after spending session time with DB. Highly recommended !)

Some of the best riders I know have gone the same route!

Knnn
01-09-2007, 08:38 AM
my advice?...

1] get out with some good riders.

2] hook up with DB @ Endlessbiking (http://www.endlessbiking.com/) = awesome learning.
(i've been riding for 11 years and my skill set has ramped up huge after spending session time with DB. Highly recommended !)

Some of the best riders I know have gone the same route!

If you are looking for formal progression I would definitely agree with Turn7 about endless, Darren, Kelli and Rick are excellent at explaining how the hell you do stuff!

Mic
01-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Well, Stacy K. The decision is yours. And no member from this virtual community should have the right to hold you back. Period. No f****g around. If it has been your wish (and i would never ever doubt Cam) - ok.

The board and the riders have to live with it. This is sad, but understandably, since there has been a lot of bitching around during the last couple of months....the attitude on the board has to change.

But this is just my opinion, since i am a foreigner and not even local to the Shore.

Still, you were a bit pissed off too fast sometimes, as i recall one thread i started when we had a small stand-off ;)

You put a weird and new and interesting perspective to things.

Take care, bro.... :(

newgirl
01-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Probably the best way to pick up new skills is to join a club. Lots of local riding clubs, some have women's only rides, and pretty much all have some great kickass riders leading up the rides. Just the kind of folks you want to learn from!

Kn.

I belong to the muddbunnies, will most likely do a sugoi dirt series or perhaps endless but they are usually two day clinics. I am talking about constant progress. Anyway thanks for all your advice it is very kind of you all.

lets gossip about Stacy some more.

Usul
01-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I heard that Stacy had to delete his account because he needed more time to train for the speedchair slopestyle fucking huge air contest. Seriously dude, ride on and enjoy the outdoors more.

heckler
01-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I belong to the muddbunnies, will most likely do a sugoi dirt series or perhaps endless but they are usually two day clinics. I am talking about constant progress. Anyway thanks for all your advice it is very kind of you all.

lets gossip about Stacy some more.

Constant progess comes through constant riding, not the internet.

cough www.nsride.com cough

I'm bored of gossip.

newgirl
01-09-2007, 06:53 PM

I'm bored of gossip.

is that the old pedals and pints? the schedule seems similar. And yes out there doing it is best but while I am pretending to work here at the office the internet serves a distant second....

Fluid
01-09-2007, 06:56 PM

Sorry for continuing the derailment, but I couldn't have said it better myself! I've improved leaps and bounds in my riding since hooking up with Muddbunnies last July. Within weeks, I was comfortable riding stuff that scared the hell outta me just months before! There are rides posted every single weekend rain or shine (or snow!) for all different levels and those weekend rides have still continued even up to and including last weekend. Newgirl, if you want to improve and be comfortable on your new bike you should start coming out to the regular Muddbunnies group rides.

Troup
01-09-2007, 06:57 PM
What the hell? Now he's posting as a guest...

______
01-09-2007, 07:02 PM
A sad day for the bb -... 01-08-2007 04:29 PM ***** i think your right
A sad day for the bb -... 01-08-2007 04:24 PM ***** Idiot
A sad day for the bb -... 01-08-2007 03:41 PM ***** Your a tool. It's you're.

You know who you are.

Dude
01-09-2007, 08:55 PM
The guy wears his heart on his sleeve. Gotta love him.

See you on the hill.

.glib
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Overly dramatic to the end.

Sideshow
01-09-2007, 10:23 PM
It's you're.

You know who you are.

huh..???

most senseless and least contributing post award goes to......

HIBuLlitT
01-09-2007, 10:49 PM
huh..???

most senseless and least contributing post award goes to......
it's not ......... it's __________

Sideshow
01-09-2007, 10:54 PM
lol^^^

KenN
01-10-2007, 12:20 AM

I'm bored of gossip.

Given my connection to nsride fka PnP, I was trying to be non-specific to avoid shouts of "spammer!" (or worse). :damn:

Kn.

chelle
01-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Perhaps I should take up professional womens speedchair slopestyle fucking huge air contests, that should get a comment or two from my old online nemissis.

:ohthedrama:

Moving on . . . . .

gary j
01-10-2007, 12:34 AM
this is a post to say farewell to a BB friend and recognize a huge loss to the general flavour of the board.

stacey has more knowledge and passion regarding our sport than most on line clickers put together. (and can throw down on a race course)

so to anyone hating on this thread *edited*!!!!!!!!!!!!

patrolskid
01-10-2007, 12:59 AM
big picture people . . . . big picture .

internet .

website .

community .

of characters .

kohut is part of it .

enduramil
01-10-2007, 03:45 AM
big picture people . . . . big picture .

internet .

website .

community .

of characters .

kohut is part of it .

So where is the picture you mention? This thread is useless without pic's.

Now back to your regularly scheduled gossiping and rumour mongering.

bcbud
01-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Bah its just the internet, although a fun little community we have on this thing.
What I wanna know is Stace, is if you could/would ride a big fat ski under you would you shred more Whislter/Blackcomb in the winter?? I keep thinking a Fat-y-pus ski (172-140-158 ) would be mental on a sitski in the powda!

Anyway, see ya at the races budday!!!! Brap!

[email protected]
01-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Stacy was on the national paralympic ski team for like 100 years. He retired and doesn't ever ski anymore. I like he got sick of the politics and won't go back.

enduramil
01-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Stacy was on the national paralympic ski team for like 100 years. He retired and doesn't ever ski anymore. I like he got sick of the politics and won't go back.

Can relate to that.

Fast Orange
01-10-2007, 07:55 PM
:ohthedrama:

seriously, NBR may be a big mess but that's because it's NBR. It's what it's there for....

bcbud
01-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Didn't know there was politics in freeskiing? The only political thing at the hill is the lift lines....

[email protected]
01-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Well maybe it's the people in the line that bothers him? I can't speak for him, only relate what i know from him.

Straw
01-10-2007, 09:58 PM
He did run for public office, so he's got to have some affinity for politics!

XXX_er
01-12-2007, 04:52 AM
I couldnt be bothered to read all the pages of drama but didnt Stacy Kohut claim the public office thing was all just blatant self promotion ?
Considering the old saying that more or less goes "the time to worry is when they quit talking about ya" ,lately I began to think his persona and the shit he raised WAS just blatant self promotion.

SO maybe just accept him for what he is ... and then he up and leaves

Mountain Dewd
01-12-2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/bitsandpieces/images/tragedy1.jpg

HeadOverWheels
01-13-2007, 03:11 AM
^^

looks like about 30,000 liters of beer left us as well. Life now sux.

ps, at first i thought you posted mountain dew, hahaha.

AND it looks like the truck is on the wrong side of the accident. Shit, is there more than 1 truck on the road. Well officer, of course, the 2nd one has all the Weed so the accident could have been much worse.

Faithless
01-13-2007, 03:46 AM
He got offended when someone challenged his views and attacked anyone else who had a diffrent opinion.

I'm with bunny on this one.

HeadOverWheels
01-13-2007, 03:52 AM
He got offended when someone challenged his views and attacked anyone else who had a diffrent opinion.

I'm with bunny on this one.

defeated by the internet, can't be?

oh well, still lots of peeps on here EH.

Still will miss Stacy as he added that Greenpeace in a not so peaceful way kind of thing. It would be pretty boring if we ALL got along and THOUGHT the same things.

Biking Fiend
01-13-2007, 10:47 AM
meh, i have my views on this

I'll be a big man and walk away from it

Johnie P
01-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Stacey sais it like it is PC or not.People on these boards were not ready for him, even the "bad asses" on this sight stop when it comes to a pc issue.
Thanks for your support this summer Stacey evan when i turned into a PC pussy when lawsuits were in hand.You taught me to not stand down from what you believe in no matter what.
I know you are not into this sucky shit and just need some time away, but i hope to see you this winter so we can rant about racing and other cool shit

Uncle Duke
01-13-2007, 07:18 PM
going so far as to have an account deleted is pretty emo. just don't post.

not a strong way to go out.

Sideshow
01-13-2007, 07:21 PM
meh, i have my views on this

I'll be a big man and walk away from it

where are the mods on comments like this and the others before. Anything that stupid and disrespectful should come with a penalty. Its not just about Stacy that is a low crack at handicapped people. There were others in there too. Bring out the banning stick. Stacy and I rarely see eye to eye but I consider him a friend and that shot makes me want to punch a face.

Cam????.....this is your thread- police it please.

Usul
01-13-2007, 07:35 PM
where are the mods on comments like this and the others before. Anything that stupid and disrespectful should come with a penalty. Its not just about Stacy that is a low crack at handicapped people. There were others in there too. Bring out the banning stick. Stacy and I rarely see eye to eye but I consider him a friend and that shot makes me want to punch a face.

Cam????.....this is your thread- police it please.

I think people are just ribbing Stacey cuz he's pretty cool about physical impairment jokes. I don't think it's as bad as you think...if it was directed at anyone other than Stacey than I'd agree with yah.

Johnie P
01-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Not a strong way out? Wow many posts do you think you would get if you stopped your account Ziration.

Usul
01-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Not a strong way out? Wow many posts do you think you would get if you stopped your account Ziration.

Personally some days I feel like putting down the computer and never picking it back up...would that be so bad? Spend more time outside?

Uncle Duke
01-13-2007, 08:07 PM

if I stopped my account I think Id get zero posts. I dont know what you mean maybe.

dont get me wrong I think stacey was fine. he showed up on these boards after getting a bad rep for freaking out in the whistler bike park a bunch.I remember the day he signed up on nsmb.

stacey always made a ton of cripple jokes. and thats a fine line..to me its the same as the n word fine for black dudes but not for crackers like me.

the peeps that made comments along that line , to me, were maybe taking it too far sometimes..but stacey opened that door.

stacey if you are out there cmon back and tell people about lizard people, or dont comeback, either way have a nice day.

~mike*bodnaruk~
01-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Stacy we hardly knew ye. peace out!

Sideshow
01-14-2007, 01:39 AM
Have you ever had a friend that you made fun of so much that you felt you should thank him for all the good times??

No idea where that fits in but I thought it was funny.

Yes Stacy opened that door, and I am trying to close it. Lol.

Fast Orange
01-14-2007, 01:40 AM
Seriosuly tho I just don't get it. :???:

He's part of the local scene here so why he wouldn't just stay away from NBR and post in the riding related forums is beyond me.

The way he posts he should expect the kind of reactions he gets and just live with it.

Him caring about what some of us think flys right into the face of the teachings of his hero David Icke. If he really is the luminated being he proclaims himself to be and has no problem expressing his uniqueness then the ignorant opinions of others shouldn't be affecting him as much as it does.

Bukkake says come back or you're a big pussy!

syncro
01-14-2007, 02:31 AM
you know he's sitting and laughing at all of this right?