PDA

View Full Version : TheRob!

DaveM
12-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Somethings up with your PM box, I can't send you anything.

I get this notice

TheRob has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

TheRob
12-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Try now Sunshine.

DaveM
12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
for a minute there I had no one to talk to. I almost went back to work

Troup
12-11-2006, 09:25 PM
You shouldn't even be on any message boards while you're at work, unless you're on coffee or lunch break.

Couch_Surfer
12-11-2006, 09:28 PM
You shouldn't even be on any message boards while you're at work, unless you're on coffee or lunch break.

Freedom hater

DaveM
12-11-2006, 09:28 PM

hey....future towel boy...zip it.

When your name is on the bottom of my paycheque you can provide some input as to how I spend my time.

TheRob
12-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I disapprove of Troups avatar.

syncro
12-11-2006, 09:35 PM

http://www3.telus.net/marks_stuff/no1givesashit.jpg

syncro
12-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Somethings up with your PM box, I can't send you anything.

I get this notice

Couch_Surfer
12-11-2006, 09:38 PM

:lol:

heckler
12-11-2006, 11:55 PM

getting close to negative reps for overuse of this button...

<<waits to get shown the button>>

DaveM
12-12-2006, 12:03 AM
getting close to negative reps for overuse of this button...

<<waits to get shown the button>>

No Sven, that wouldn't be fair. Your opinion is well respected around here, no one would ever tell you to........

ahh, who am I kidding

Couch_Surfer
12-12-2006, 12:59 AM
:lol: this thread

syncro
12-12-2006, 01:04 AM
:lol: this thread

Troup
12-12-2006, 02:49 AM
I was just stating that you are paid to work, not play around on the internet...

connor
12-12-2006, 02:53 AM
I was just stating that you are paid to work, not play around on the internet...

some people are.

Sandman
12-12-2006, 03:08 AM

http://spazmatics.org/blog/uploaded_images/dwight-schrute-712680.jpg

Couch_Surfer
12-12-2006, 03:10 AM

Hey Pssssssstttt.... (http://bb.nsmb.com/showpost.php?p=1545351&postcount=9)

syncro
12-12-2006, 03:12 AM

http://www.danaroc.com/blog/wp-content/themes/danaroc/uploads/broken_record.jpg

Couch_Surfer
12-12-2006, 03:13 AM

http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg

Craz
12-12-2006, 03:15 AM
And it was made evident that noone cares.
Now STFU.

syncro
12-12-2006, 03:15 AM
http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg

okay that was weak. minus cred for you my friend unless you can come up with something good in the next 5 minutes.

Couch_Surfer
12-12-2006, 03:41 AM
okay that was weak. minus cred for you my friend unless you can come up with something good in the next 5 minutes.

would this have been more appropriate?

http://www.miraclesalad.com/shared/STFU.jpg

and yes - the earlier attempt was decidedly mediocre

switch
12-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Yes, the red x is better.

heckler
12-12-2006, 04:22 AM
:woot: for red x's!

(let him have it synchro)

Adam West
12-12-2006, 04:24 AM
give it a rest man.

SkunkworkS
12-12-2006, 04:25 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

KaledenStinky
12-12-2006, 04:26 AM
this thread ftw

atb
12-12-2006, 04:50 AM
troup's just sad that he doesnt have a job that lets him post on the internet all day.

.glib
12-12-2006, 04:52 AM
troup's just sad
qft

three sheets
12-12-2006, 01:38 PM
hey....future towel boy...zip it.

When your name is on the bottom of my paycheque you can provide some input as to how I spend my time.
Isnt your name on the bottom of your paycheque?

I suggest you sit down with yourself and correct this inappropriate workplace behavior.

....and keep your hands above the table this time.

TheRob
12-12-2006, 03:58 PM
This thread had so much promise.

DaveM, delete this trainwreck before someone gets hurt.

DaveM
12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Isnt your name on the bottom of your paycheque?

Last time I looked I didn't sign my own paycheque. If I did I'd make the numbers bigger!

This thread had so much promise.

DaveM, delete this trainwreck before someone gets hurt.

Let's just change the subject rather than delete it.

How was your soccer game on Saturday Rob? A goal and an assist I hear...........tell us about the assist in the dying seconds of the game :lol:

.243racer
12-12-2006, 04:45 PM
what more can be said?

TheRob
12-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Let's just change the subject rather than delete it.

How was your soccer game on Saturday Rob? A goal and an assist I hear...........tell us about the assist in the dying seconds of the game :lol:Why the f*$k would you do that?

Dude
12-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Did you serve up a platter, Suitcase?

Dude
12-12-2006, 04:59 PM
BTW, the title is "TheRob", so anything on topic of TheRob goes.

Which of course for me, always leads to x-rated thoughts of Mrs. TheRob.

Robot
12-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Back when we were in high school, I heard rumours and innuendo about theRob that included a stripper, a green tutu, and a sockeye salmon.

TheRob
12-12-2006, 05:13 PM
It was a pink salmon and it belonged to the stripper.

I have nothing for the tutu.

three sheets
12-12-2006, 05:16 PM

A little ointment would have cleared that up in no time.

DaveM
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM

I have nothing for the tutu.

Back when I was a fisherman we called pink salmon "humpies"

I never knew where the nickname came from. Rob, did you know anything about that?

Dean W
12-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Did you serve up a platter, Suitcase?
Last 5 minutes of the game.

We are tied with the #1 team in our league, they have won ALL of their games.

The ball is in our end for a goal kick.

Rob on left defence calls for a short kick on the outside just ahead of the 18 yard box.

I am on the right side.

I see what is about to happen.

The goalie passes Rob the ball.

I scream, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Rob receives the pass.

The forward sees his pray and challenges Rob.

Rob turns inside.

Rob tries to make a pass.

Ball is served on a platter to the mid-fielder that has also moved up to pounce on Rob.

Opposition dribbles in, shoots and scores.

Dean, rather upset at the outcome yells, rather loudly.........."WHY THE FCUK WOULD YOU DO THAT NOW!!!!".

Rob was upset.

Dean was mean.

Rob is still hanging his head.

It's all about Rob.

DaveM
12-12-2006, 05:50 PM
I was trying to take pictures during the game but was having problems with my camera. I managed to snap 1 shot just after the game ended.

http://www.socceraddicts.com/Funny%20Pictures/4.jpg

That's Dean in the red, Rob in green. Yes I know, they're uni's don't match, Dean had another game on another team after this one.

Dude
12-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Quality. :D

Tell me it wasn't Slater that poached the goal. The last thing that fat fuck needs is a platter.

switch
12-12-2006, 06:03 PM
The goalie passes Rob the ball.Get a new goalie.

Dude
12-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Not the keeper's fault.

Fullbacks who turn inside in their own 18 should be subjected to public flogging whilst hanging by their toenails. Dean was perfectly justified for booting him in the vaginal region.

switch
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Not the keeper's fault.If he passed it to TheRob, then it is his fault.

Robot
12-12-2006, 06:38 PM
If he passed it to TheRob, then it is his fault.
no way, it sounds like the keeper got the ball to TheRob and then he blew it.

TheRob's been playing soccer for a long time, he knows the game or at least I thought he did. I think theDude was actually pretty mellow in his response, esp. with the amount that theRob is getting paid to play... If it were me, I would've introduced him to my friend Manny Pacquiao.

DaveM
12-12-2006, 06:48 PM
:lol: sometimes I sit back and just laugh at what I've created.

switch
12-12-2006, 06:58 PM
no way, it sounds like the keeper got the ball to TheRob and then he blew it.That's true too. The keeper let the ball into the net, which makes him even more at fault.

Robot
12-12-2006, 07:05 PM
That's true too. The keeper let the ball into the net, which makes him even more at fault.
Saving a ball on an open attack on net isn't easy. It's not like they're shooting at a hockey net. theRob used to play goal, so he should've known the odds were against the keeper saving it after he gave the ball away. It would've been just as effective to call for the ball, ignore the pass, and then glare at the keeper after buddy on the other team buried it.

Seeing all of this stuff helps makes sense of my theRob encounter this weekend. He was pretty down, and I guess it's because he let his entire team down the day previous...

Dude
12-12-2006, 07:06 PM
If he passed it to TheRob, then it is his fault.

While I would agree with you on the personal basis (TheRob's keeper should know better than to pass it to TheRob inside the 18 ), the fact is that it was a sound play, and a normal way to distribute the ball.

The storied GEU Tigers were playing the top team, game tied, and had momentum working their way. In this situation, possession is key. The general smart play is to distribbute an easy pass to your full back, who should be turning quickly to his OUTSIDE, looking for two options: center mid pinching back, or to the flank.

The fullback also needs to be actively moving towards the ball.

Having heard all sides, I have determined blame should be equally shared. Although TheRob showed a woefull lack of intelligence, fitness, overall skill, and good looks, his keeper SHOULD HAVE known who he was dealing with, and looked to other options. Given his other option was Dean, Keeper SHOULD HAVE place his bets on his forwards winning a 50/50 punt. Really, bypassing midfield was his best choice.

Dean:appologise to TheRob for slapping his nuts.

switch
12-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Seeing all of this stuff helps makes sense of my theRob encounter this weekend. He was pretty down, and I guess it's because he let his entire team down the day previous...Nothing better than kicking a man while he is down.... :lol:

(TheRob's keeper should know better than to pass it to TheRob inside the 18 )It's a goal kick. The ball has to go outside the 18. Another strike against the keeper.

Robot
12-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Nothing better than kicking a man while he is down....

I think theRob was 'elevated'. See pic above.

Given his other option was Dean, Keeper SHOULD HAVE place his bets on his forwards winning a 50/50 punt. Really, bypassing midfield was his best choice..
Good point, and it says something about theDude that the keeper chose theRob instead. The keeper should've saved everybody the headache, passed it straight to the striker on the other team, and then run away.

That way we could stop talking about soccer and get back to the story about the stripper and the salmon. How about those humpies?

Dude
12-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Nothing better than kicking a man while he is down.... :lol:

It's a goal kick. The ball has to go outside the 18. Another strike against the keeper.

Was it?

I disagree, and submit to you Exhibit 'A'. Normally I would not share such personal correspondence, but this is for the greater good:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:09 AM
To: Dude
Subject: Werd

Total platter.

Tied 3-3. Ten to go. Goalie rolls the ball out to me. Softly I might add. One touch, no one is coming to help, so instead of humping it out I try to beat him. Get checked. Fifteen seconds later I'm fishing the ball out of the back of the net.

Of course, no one remembered that I had earlier scored the tying goal and had a good game up until then. And even after.

I repeat for the jury: Goalie rolls the ball out.

No my fiends, this was an opportunity to punt the ball instead on leaving it at the feat of the two mentally handicapped fullbacks at his disposal.

Blame to be shared equally, with TheRob owing the...erm...thedude:rolleyes: a nut slap.

Dude
12-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Why do I get the feeling TheRob is digging up material from the 2004 Pakenham Cup? :D

TheRob
12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't do that.

Upon recollection of the incedent being discussed I believe that the striker who stole the ball from me was Chuck Norris. That easily explains everything.

Dude
12-12-2006, 09:13 PM
Then I take everything back.

Except the part about you and Dean being retards.

Dude
12-12-2006, 09:18 PM
I have another theory...maybe you just put on the wrong boots that morning?

Thanks Dave, for sending me that digital of TheRob kitting up.

switch
12-12-2006, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't do that.

Upon recollection of the incedent being discussed I believe that the striker who stole the ball from me was Chuck Norris. That easily explains everything.
When in doubt, kick it out.

Dean W
12-13-2006, 07:14 AM

That is what I said to Rob after the game.

Obviously you have played before.

switch
12-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I quit a couple years ago. I was playing in the Vancouver Metro over 30s. We started a new team a while back when there was still 4 divisions, and moved from the bottom right up to premier. We were lucky in getting some pretty good players.

The lower divisions are brutal, but once up to 1st and premier, the soccer was much better. Not just a raised level of the game, but also much fewer cards, harsh tackles, fights, etc. Any time we had to play a team with the name "rangers" or "celtic" in it, the smaller players wouldn't show up.

TheRob
12-16-2006, 05:28 PM
We won last night. TheRob was in net and got a shutout to atone for my gaffe last weekend.

thedude played well, but after the game he told me that Syncro sucked at building trails and that it was mean of him to hide in the bushes and scare Davem on Wednesday night.

syncro
12-16-2006, 05:51 PM
We won last night. TheRob was in net and got a shutout to atone for my gaffe last weekend.

thedude played well, but after the game he told me that Syncro sucked at building trails and that it was mean of him to hide in the bushes and scare Davem on Wednesday night.

i learned everything from dave, blame him. thedude told me i suck at building trails too, but that nobody sucks better than you, esp when you're on your knees. if you and dave are so great maybe you should meet up so you can suck together.

TheRob
12-16-2006, 06:10 PM
thedude said Davem sucked to. It got me wondering what you three actually did on Wednesday night.

syncro
12-16-2006, 06:17 PM
thedude said Davem sucked to. It got me wondering what you three actually did on Wednesday night.

this thread is turning into our very own little circle of love

DaveM
12-16-2006, 06:22 PM
-1 for digging up an old thread because you're bored and your wife won't let you ride, and you still feel guilty about scoring on your own team

Dude
12-16-2006, 06:30 PM
What TheNob lacks in technique, he makes up for in swallow-ability.

TheRob
12-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Im just lonely.

syncro
12-16-2006, 06:31 PM
-1 for digging up an old thread because you're bored and your wife won't let you ride, and you still feel guilty about scoring on your own team

weak dave, just weak

http://www3.telus.net/marks_stuff/bird.jpg