PDA

View Full Version : Just got arrested

Dantes Inferno
04-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Story starts here:

Me and a buddy are hiking in the woods and find a bag of paintballs. Like score. So I drop him off and go to my house. I shoot a few at my car and at a tree. then go back inside my house get my bike. My dad is gonna borrow it so I want to adjust the seat for him. Take it out back and start working on it. What to I see in the bushes? Theres a police man with a rifle pointed at me and I just freeze. Then a bunch poke there head out over a fense and yell at me. Im about to piss myself and then they start yelling at me more. Telling my to drop my stuff. So I drop my bike shit and they tell me to walk out into the mud, drop to my knees, and crawl towards them. A guy gets on my back and handcuffs me and another takes me to a corner where im held. I told them exactly what I was doing because I just want them to leave. They searched my entire house, found the paintball gun (weapon) and secured the place in about 5-7 minutes. I was impressed. After a stern talking to they let me go and sit me down in my house. More talking to and gathering my information. They kept asking me why I have like 4 fullsuspension bikes, frames, forks, commuters, and XC bikes all in my basement. Guess they thought I was a thief. They leave me alone and go to another call. Turns out one of the cops was a rider and was pretty cool.

I dont know the guy who called the cops, but apparently he said I have lots of guns and bullets were wizzing by his head. Wether he was talking about me wizzing by him on my santa cruz bullit I may never know. But I thinks ive been marked as a dangerous person by the nabourhood now haha.

All in all pretty scary event, I aint shooting no more paintballs near the house anymore.

Sandman
04-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Wow, that's pretty dumb. Do you have a lot of old people living in your neighborhood?

[email protected]
04-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow! Yikes.

Sounds like you have a paranoid neighbor.

Good to see the police take it seriously, but how your neighbor confused a paintball gun with a real one? as if you'd be out on the street capping your own car for fun? :lol:

Aldo Nova
04-21-2006, 11:48 PM
wow man that sucks! Scary situation for sure. Glad to hear you got off with just a talking. It's lame when people assume you steal an item if you have lots of it, such as your bikes.

Putty
04-21-2006, 11:48 PM
its because you hate freedom.

wheeler
04-21-2006, 11:49 PM
Dude your street cred jsut went way up.

I hope you have a sweet baller cap to wear sideways.

Madman
04-21-2006, 11:55 PM
haha, funny. Ive done it before, got in shit....well I was basically asking for it, Im so stupid..shooting paintballs at cars wasnt ever funny after that.

Jay T.
04-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Wow! Yikes.

Sounds like you have a paranoid neighbor.

Good to see the police take it seriously, but how your neighbor confused a paintball gun with a real one? as if you'd be out on the street capping your own car for fun? :lol:
well when you shoot a person with a real bullit blood comes out, maybe when he hit the tree with the paintablls they thought the tree was bleeding from beign shot with a real gun

Dantes Inferno
04-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Im glad the police were serious, but man it was scary. The cop said at the end of the day, hes not going home in a box. Im lucky they didnt catch me with the paintball marker.

Dantes Inferno
04-22-2006, 12:00 AM
well when you shoot a person with a real bullit blood comes out, maybe when he hit the tree with the paintablls they thought the tree was bleeding from beign shot with a real gun

bright green to boot.

Jay T.
04-22-2006, 12:00 AM
bright green to boot.

some people are that stupid, i guess?

freerider-1
04-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Maybe they thought trees bleed green?

But it's pretty difficult to confuse a real gun with a paintball one, in my opinion. You did have the hopper on, right?

SkunkworkS
04-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Must be your hobbitism.

Bahahahahahaahaha! :lol: Ahahahahahahhahaa.

toycdn
04-22-2006, 01:44 AM
So you didn't actually get arrested?

toycdn
04-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Are they allowed to just search your house, dont they need something called a warrent? Was this Port Moody?

SkunkworkS
04-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Are they allowed to just search your house, dont they need something called a warrent? Was this Port Moody?

Well he was alledgedly caught with a 'dangerous armed weapon'. Although I am not a cop or know anyone who is affiliated with the VPD and RCMP, I can safely say that yes, they probably have the right to search.

atb
04-22-2006, 02:09 AM
i thought julien was just kidding when he called me and told me what happend to you. thats fucking funny. be bet the cops were dissapointed when thay didnt get to shoot you.

wheeler
04-22-2006, 02:39 AM
They were like the guy from jarhead. "come on man let us take the shot!"

Uncle Joey
04-22-2006, 03:07 AM
The cop said at the end of the day, hes not going home in a box. .

Thats nice to know, if you had the marker he probbly would have gunned you down :rolleyes:

KamaKazi
04-22-2006, 06:11 AM
After having another similar incident, I can say it's just better to treat any firearm like you would a real one, regardless of whether it's a paintball gun, bb gun, or even a cap gun.

don't use it unless your completly out of view of the public and on private property (I.E. in your basement with curtains closed) or at an approved facility to use the firearm of concern.

it will help you avoid alot of scary/sketchy police confrontations

toycdn
04-22-2006, 06:16 AM
Port moody has a brutal police department. They shoot and killed a kid a fews years back. They are known for their aggresivenesstowards young punks. What was the name of the cop who you said rides chris?

Farmer
04-22-2006, 06:23 AM
my uncle works for hydro, and he used to be the guy who walks around and checks your meter, and would carry a little umbrela with him, one day, he comes out from the side of this one house and there are about a dozen cops with tehir guns pointed at him, aparantly someone thought his umbrella was a gun, and called the cops

I thnik they do need a warrent, but if you have nothing to hide, dont bother pissing them off talking about that

[email protected]
04-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Port moody has a brutal police department. They shoot and killed a kid a fews years back. They are known for their aggresivenesstowards young punks. What was the name of the cop who you said rides chris?

You mean the guy with a machete? I have an idea! Put down your weapon, and don't worry about being shot at. Or, even crazier, how about don't carry a weapon like the other 99% of society.

Farmer
04-22-2006, 06:31 AM
for sikh's, its part of their religion to carry a sword like that (its one of the 5 K's, I think thats about the only think Iremember from gr 8 socials), there have been huge court cases over it in ontario, where kids have been found going to school wearing a big sword, but still, if a cop tells you to drop your weapon, you drop it, becuase if they say it 3 times, they are aloud to shoot you

Heatmizer
04-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Thats nice to know, if you had the marker he probbly would have gunned you down :rolleyes:

That's just lame and ignorant. If that was the case there'd be a lot less stupid people in Canada.

So you think cops should wait until they're bleeding before deciding it's time to pull out their weapons? Try and remember that cops have way more training than joe public has in dealing with the situations (read as none for joe public) and while cops have definitely made mistakes in the past, you don't hear about the 50 kids they see every week with bb guns or whatever else that don't get shot.

He had no weapon that they could see but they'd been told there'd been shots fired. They secured him, secured the house then worried about the truth.

How about we send you into a house where there may or may not be some crazy's with guns. We'll give you a gun too and see if everyone comes out alive :rolleyes:

[email protected]
04-22-2006, 06:33 AM
for sikh's, its part of their religion to carry a sword like that (its one of the 5 K's, I think thats about the only think Iremember from gr 8 socials), there have been huge court cases over it in ontario, where kids have been found going to school wearing a big sword, but still, if a cop tells you to drop your weapon, you drop it, becuase if they say it 3 times, they are aloud to shoot you

And a dagger, as they are permitted to carry, is not anything like a machete.

No sympathy from this cat. Listen to the law, and everything is fine.

Heatmizer
04-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Yup, it's a dagger, not a sword. ABout 10lbs of steel difference.

The cops can search a house where there's imminent danger - man firing a gun = imminent danger. They're a lot more worried about making sure everyone comes out a live than whether charges can be laid based on the evidence. While dead victims make great evidence they don't make great PR pieces.

Lady Gravity
04-22-2006, 06:36 AM
...but still, if a cop tells you to drop your weapon, you drop it, becuase if they say it 3 times, they are aloud to shoot you

3x? like you'd be counting at that point? i dont think so. if a cop says to drop it, you drop it. to be honest i'd prefer they err on the side of caution (ie paintball gun) rather than not, altho the umbrella story is kinda funny.

Chunk
04-22-2006, 06:37 AM

probable cause?

SkunkworkS
04-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Running around with cap guns with the orange safety ID bit off is not good.

toycdn
04-22-2006, 06:47 AM
You mean the guy with a machete? I have an idea! Put down your weapon, and don't worry about being shot at. Or, even crazier, how about don't carry a weapon like the other 99% of society.

Oh and their cheif commited suicide a few years back aswell. To me that is not a stable environment. I personally know officers from Port Moody and they are all great people. I agree with their reaction to the situation I'm just saying that there has been instances in the past involving Port Moody Police.

Heatmizer
04-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Well there's been instances involving probably every police detachment across Canada at one point in time. VPD beating up drug dealers (shoulda just shot them and thrown them in the ocean) etc, this kind crap gets reported all the time.

Some times it's that the wrong people are in the position, but you also have to wonder how long could you go dealing with the assholes of society every day before you snapped. I realize not every one they deal with are assholes, but they get shit on more than most other people do on a daily basis.

cameron
04-22-2006, 07:50 AM
you live in the complex at the bottom of the hill near cornation dont you? do you know jessica or dougy?

Nick2468
04-22-2006, 08:20 AM
what if the person had the machete strapped into their belt and were told to drop it but the only way to drop it was to pull it out...pretty screwed then

Testy
04-22-2006, 08:46 AM

Brian Weber

Heatmizer
04-22-2006, 08:49 AM
what if the person had the machete strapped into their belt and were told to drop it but the only way to drop it was to pull it out...pretty screwed then

Not really. Cops do have training ya know. They'd either tell him to slowly put it out and drop it on the ground and move away from it, or just have him lie down spread eagle and they'd remove it from him after they'd cuffed him.

Dantes Inferno
04-22-2006, 08:53 AM
you live in the complex at the bottom of the hill near cornation dont you? do you know jessica or dougy?

This was at my dads place. Evergreens off of Clark (snakehill)

Loopie
04-22-2006, 11:31 AM
I thnik they do need a warrent, but if you have nothing to hide, dont bother pissing them off talking about that
Why not?
People are WAY too easy going about letting the Government or Police do what they want.

Loopie
04-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Heatmizer makes good points...and they are facts too. If the Cops are coming in, for the reasons He states...they are coming in. Nothing you can do to stop it. And it's certainly no sweat off their ass to just let the dust settle later on in regards to legalities with personal rights and privacy issues.

BUT...you or I are 100% guilt free and standing in our own yard holding a bicycle and a bunch of Cops start barking orders at you....
They're gonna have to make me.

Heatmizer
04-22-2006, 07:27 PM
They're gonna have to make me.

You never want them to make you. 1st off always remember they don't just wander the neighbourhood looking for problems, they are there because someone called them on over. If they're creeping around with guns drawn, someone told them therewere weapons involved.

Hypothetically if they thought someone had stolen bike parts in their yard they'd just either knock on the front door and ask questions, or at worst wander around in the neighbours yard and peek over your fence in hopes of seeing something they could use as a reason for a search warrant.

Property crimes aren't considered life or death so if Dante's neighbour had called in that Dante had stolen bikes in the backyard it would have been 1 or 2 cops knocking on the door and that's about it.

Also - Dante lives @ home with his parents, not too surew how old Dante is, but they could have asked one of the parents for permission to search the place. Don't know for sure but if Dante's a minor I doubt they even ask minors unless they're the only ones home.

No one got hurt, just a nasty stain in Dante's boxers ;) Now go have a chat with your neighbour about how much you didn't enjoy having gund pointed in your face because of their lie.

Dantes Inferno
04-23-2006, 05:44 AM
So the nabours have been giving me funny looks lately. Expecially when I was out spray painting my car today.

toycdn
04-23-2006, 06:04 AM
So did you get arrested?

Adam West
04-23-2006, 06:12 AM
So did you get arrested?
i hear safety got arrested a while ago

SkunkworkS
04-23-2006, 06:34 AM
So the nabours have been giving me funny looks lately. Expecially when I was out spray painting my car today.

DUDEEEEE!!1!!!!! RACING STRIPEZ!!!!!1!!!!ONE!!1!!

Dantes Inferno
04-23-2006, 07:48 AM
So did you get arrested?

What do you think.

Dantes Inferno
04-23-2006, 07:51 AM
2 entries found for arrested.
ar·rest ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-rst)
v. ar·rest·ed, ar·rest·ing, ar·rests
v. tr.

To stop; check: a brake that automatically arrests motion; arrested the growth of the tumor.

To seize and hold under the authority of law.

To capture and hold briefly (the attention, for example); engage.

v. intr.
To undergo cardiac arrest: The patient arrested en route to the hospital.

n.

The act of detaining in legal custody: the arrest of a criminal suspect.

The state of being so detained: a criminal under arrest.

A device for stopping motion, especially of a moving part.

The act of stopping or the condition of being stopped.

yeah, I was handcuffed, held at a wall with guns and police officers. It only took them about 7 minutes to search my house, they had me in cuffs for about 30 minutes.

toycdn
04-23-2006, 08:05 AM
Sounds like fun.

p.s. This thread is useless without pics....
:)

Dantes Inferno
04-23-2006, 08:08 AM
I know.. Ill see if I can bring up pics of the weapons they had. Or similiar. Then tomorrow Ill make a new thread with pics of my car.

Dantes Inferno
04-23-2006, 08:22 AM
These are pretty damn close to the guns pointed at me haha.

http://www.maumee.org/residential/mpdw/mp5-1.jpg

http://juni0r.orcon.net.nz/diemacosfw.gif

http://www.maumee.org/residential/mpdw/benelli.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1465000/images/_1466252_glock-guns.jpg

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1020743/2/istockphoto_1020743_under_arrest.jpg

Hip Hop!
04-23-2006, 10:44 AM
http://www.okinawa.usmc.mil/Public%20Affairs%20Info/Images%20Complete/HighResImages/040213-bazooka.jpg

i had this pointed at me when i was being arrested for hucking to big on my bike

::Liam::
04-23-2006, 12:47 PM
really?

Troup
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
really?you had better not be serious

jace mace
04-23-2006, 09:05 PM
According to Henry Hill ,you were lucky to hear anything.

Hip Hop!
04-24-2006, 06:05 AM
really?

yes