PDA

View Full Version : Uni in Kamloops

enduramil
04-17-2006, 01:40 AM
The fiance was asking about a school in Kamloops. She told me it was called Thompson, she mentioned it was part of UBC. She is wondering if it's a new school or did UCC get renamed?

Trail Rider 1.0
04-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Thompson River University is in Kamloops, I think it used to be UCC. UBC-Okanagan is in Kelowna, I don't think UBC has anything in Kamloops. Correct me if I'm wrong....

CheeseDogs
04-17-2006, 02:54 AM
i'm hoping to go to TRU =| if they take me

Scott C
04-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Yeah, it's Thompson Rivers. As stupid as the name is.

UBC doesn't have any affiliation with TRU as far as I know. They are the open learning uni in BC now, maybe that's what she was thinking of.

toycdn
04-17-2006, 03:11 AM
It has nothing to do with UBC it is an awesome university, I go there and I love it, not as big as other places but still good. Lots of expansion going on. Whats wrong with the name??? Situated at the meeting of the north and south thompson rivers, makes perfect sense to me. Although the team name and colours are a different story T.R.U Wolf Pack (No Wolfs anywhere near Kamloops, Except for the wildlife park) and Bright orange (Looks like what hunters where, just solid orange)

Scott C
04-17-2006, 04:03 AM
It has nothing to do with UBC it is an awesome university, I go there and I love it, not as big as other places but still good. Lots of expansion going on. Whats wrong with the name??? Situated at the meeting of the north and south thompson rivers, makes perfect sense to me. Although the team name and colours are a different story T.R.U Wolf Pack (No Wolfs anywhere near Kamloops, Except for the wildlife park) and Bright orange (Looks like what hunters where, just solid orange)

The North and South Thompson are the same river, that's what's wrong with it. :lol:

toycdn
04-17-2006, 04:54 AM
No there not??? they, merge one comes from clearwater and the other from out by chase

Scott C
04-17-2006, 04:58 AM
No there not??? they, merge one comes from clearwater and the other from out by chase

They're just branches of the same river.

toycdn
04-17-2006, 05:00 AM
Ok but they are the south and the north then they merge into the thompson. Just like any other river.

enduramil
04-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Now that we are done with that geography lesson, and the anti threadjack team has responded back to topic.

Patrick Bateman
04-17-2006, 06:19 PM
They aren't connected to UBC, but they have lots of options for tranferring to UBC to finish your course and have a nicer looking degree.