PDA

View Full Version : Ex whistler rental bikes

yellowdogx
01-10-2004, 10:46 PM
This is probably old news, but has anyone seen or is ayone interested in geting one of last years whislter rental bikes?

Do you think they would be beat to shit or not?

I heard they are selling for $1500 for the ones in best shape and less for the rougher ones. Aparantly they are Stabs with JR T's and Hayes, never really looked at them when I was at whistler just heard though a friend that they are for sale.

My wife could use a dually but just not sure...

Too much $$ or ?

cameron
01-10-2004, 10:54 PM
last year i bought the fissile (i wouldnt recomment it anymore), but the joyride (stab with jr.t) looked pretty nice.

for the price, it's good, but you need to know that they will need more cash put into them after a little while.

Kirill
01-11-2004, 12:35 AM
trust me dude, they are beat, whistler doesnt take care of essential things like pivots, bearings.

i wouldnt do it.

v 10 rider
01-11-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Kirill
trust me dude, they are beat, whistler doesnt take care of essential things like pivots, bearings.

i wouldnt do it.

thats odd considering how many mechs they had on this year for the purpuse of looking after the bike, i'd look to see if any of the guide bikes are for sale, they would be in better shape

Taylor_P
01-11-2004, 01:16 AM
i would imagine that the rental bikes are beat to hell. one might ride well for a season but i think that they would need constant upgrading or repair.

C.C.
01-11-2004, 01:24 AM
I'd look elsewhere. Some of my buddies rented duallies last year at Whistler and from the bikes I saw, they weren't maintained very well.

I guess your best bet is to test ride the bike first. Check out the welds, pivots and shock mounts. You may find a diamond.

treezz
01-11-2004, 01:25 AM
As an Ex-Guide for Whistler, I wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole. I've seen what they go thru. They didn't work well new, so why would they work after every gorp has beat'n one down the hill a hundred times a day. Just stay away....

pete
01-11-2004, 01:50 AM
aka: soon to be broken bikes

RiDiCuLoUs
01-11-2004, 05:53 AM
mmmm, sounds interesting , stay away eh?? :(

Gazz_Jr
01-11-2004, 05:57 AM
My friend bought one and he had to replace almost everything after just a few rides, totaly reconditioned his breaks newlevers, new rotors, had to get the forks tuned and new seals and the headset cracked, pedals, cranks and BB were also worn to hell... so in other words i'd say its not the greatest deal.. but i'm sure some of them are aight

ianr
01-11-2004, 07:23 AM
Park bikes are beat fer shure.