PDA

View Full Version : Good Music...

Painting_of_Rebelion
12-03-2003, 08:01 AM
So last night I'm sirfing my few chanels for something to entertain me while I smoke a Bowl, and I come across Conan...
the Blak Keys were the Musical Guest, and I gotta say, I realy liked what I heard...likie the White Stripes only the guy could sing...
then after he goes off, later I find Carson Daily(realy don't like the fool but meh...) and Anthreax is on PLaying some song like "my whole World" or "my sweet home" but they're playing ACOUSTIC...I sat there thinking that the lead guit. player was kinda weak, and BAM...out comes a solo that would have made Stevie and Jimmi cry...man, I've never been an Anthrax fan, but that was the shit...

so share some oppinions about these bands, and if anyone saw the same thing, maybe you could let me know the song titles...

Cheers :beer:

Dave

Late Bloomer
12-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Never heard of Blak Keys - will have to look around. Anthrax was all that when they 1st came out, but kind of got monotonous after a while. Surprised they're still @ it! Wish I'd seen that one...acoustic? Ponderous.

Painting_of_Rebelion
12-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Yeah, a SICK acoustic track...2 basses, 4 guitars...real sweet song, and the guy I thought was always the lead singer, you know the guy, was just strumming...yeah, the Black Keys are sweet, I gotta find out what the song was they played...

Late Bloomer
12-03-2003, 04:26 PM
Trying to picture it (acoustic Anthrax), but that's a hard one to do. So, you one of those polo-owning mo-fo's from down there? Them cats got some serious skills!! :thepimp:

Putty
12-03-2003, 05:27 PM
i have always felt that anthrax were really good technical players, but could not write a song if their life depended on it. i find their riffs somewhat childish.

having said that, when they are they rock. antisocial is an awesome song, but it's a cover i believe. indians etc is good, and so is some of the stuff off the sound of white noise or what ever its called.

i would have love to have seen the acoustic stuff they do.

Painting_of_Rebelion
12-03-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Late Bloomer
Trying to picture it (acoustic Anthrax), but that's a hard one to do. So, you one of those polo-owning mo-fo's from down there? Them cats got some serious skills!! :thepimp:
Yeah, it realy tripped me out...
No, I don't wear Polo's, but yeah, I'd like to think I have some skillz...Good to see another fellow NWsterner from the states on here, now there's like 5 of us?

Originally posted by putty
i have always felt that anthrax were really good technical players, but could not write a song if their life depended on it. i find their riffs somewhat childish.

having said that, when they are they rock. antisocial is an awesome song, but it's a cover i believe. indians etc is good, and so is some of the stuff off the sound of white noise or what ever its called.

i would have love to have seen the acoustic stuff they do. I agree, I have always respected the band as being pretty good, and not conforming to the market too much, but at the same time, I've never realy been a fan...that said, this acoustic rendition was so sick...I realy was thinking to myself..."man, I'd wail this solo if I was that guy" and then BOOM, he went into it, and you could see he was sort of off in his own little world cause when he stoped, he was sweating, and he had the most unreal smile on his face like he'd suprised himself...I love that feeling...

Putty
12-03-2003, 09:38 PM
i hear you, i've had a few times playing guitar like that. where you forget about actually putting your fingers where they are supposed to go and just focus on the music you are making.

its a good feeling.

of course once i realize it is happening, i lose it, but its still nice when it does happen.

Painting_of_Rebelion
12-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by putty
i hear you, i've had a few times playing guitar like that. where you forget about actually putting your fingers where they are supposed to go and just focus on the music you are making.

its a good feeling.

of course once i realize it is happening, i lose it, but its still nice when it does happen.
:lol: yeah, exactly Putty, I get this feeling like Stevie Ray or Jimmi has just entered my body cause I know I'm not as good as some of the shit I've laid out...man it's wierd, I get sweatty and hot, and it just flow's, but like you said, when you realize what's going on, BOOM, I fuck up :lol: ah well, spose it happens to everyone eh?... :lol:

Painting_of_Rebelion
12-03-2003, 10:21 PM
So I just DL'd the standard version of the SOng "my Safe Home" by anthrax, and while not as good as the Acoustic ver. I saw the other night, it is still a good song, and the scale to it is realy easy, I just started jamming, and I came up with a wicked pisser of a solo myself, the song has a sweet melody/progression to it, so it's realy easy to get into on the acoustic...Man, I realy want the Acoustic version now. I'm hunting it down, and If I can find it, I'll give you guy's a listen :)

Painting_of_Rebelion
12-03-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Seb
a couple of weeks ago modest mouse was on Zed(cbc, 11:30PM)
first time i saw good music on TV for a LONG time
:eek: I love Modest Mouse... man now that I'm sad I couldn't see.

Painting_of_Rebelion
12-03-2003, 11:13 PM
sicko...thanks man...many cheers to you...

Captain Da
12-03-2003, 11:58 PM
i love the song "bring the noise" with anthrax and public enemy
and there's another one where they try to rap but i don't remember what its called.