Nelson
11-17-2003, 03:09 AM
....Miss Kana Kana
Shake that thing Miss Annabella
Shake that thing ya Donna Donna...

:fro: :clap: :dizzy: :fruit: :banana:

tuck3r
11-17-2003, 03:12 AM
words cannot even begin to describe how much i despise Shawn Paul and his "music"

gearwh0re
11-17-2003, 03:12 AM
you'd hit sean paul?? thanks for letting us know

the bicycle boy
11-17-2003, 03:15 AM
freak...

ReCkLeSs RiDeR
11-17-2003, 03:23 AM
no-talent-ass-clown

Broken Fusion!
11-17-2003, 03:31 AM
haha dis it all you want, but bars need music.
As much as I like metal, you can't do fun dancing to Meshuggah.
And mosh pits are for over agressive teenagers to vent their rage, not to mention extremely stupid anyways.

Not that I'll ever listen to that music outside of being drunk at the bar, mind you.

Jaysin
11-17-2003, 03:31 AM
:r:

Nelson
11-17-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Jaysin

Whats that? Half the oakley logo?

Neo
11-17-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Jaysin

agreed.

Nelson
11-17-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Dante Alighieri
agreed.

-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3

:rolleyes:

snow_homie
11-17-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Airborne Ranger

:lol:

BAC5.2
11-17-2003, 04:01 AM
I can name, on one hand, the number of rap groups who's music doesnt completely suck.

Those are RUN DMC, and Cypress Hill

Nelson
11-17-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by BAC5.2
I can name, on one hand, the number of rap groups who's music doesnt completely suck.

Those are RUN DMC, and Cypress Hill

I dont know whether I should call you uncultured or simply naive....

BAC5.2
11-17-2003, 04:20 AM
Why would you call me either?

Both of us grew up in different environments, with different cultural influences. What is good to you, might not be to me.

Look at Hanson. They sold millions of records. I never bought one. Some people obviously liked them. I did not. How can you call not liking a type of music uncultured or naive?

Nelson
11-17-2003, 04:38 AM
I'm just saying that if the only rap you like is Cypress Hill and RUN DMC, well....

....you're missing out.

BAC5.2
11-17-2003, 05:14 AM
Hardly. I've listened to a lot of different types of rap.

The only that appealed to me was RUN DMC and Cypress Hill. As far as my taste in music goes, I am not missing anything.

Jaysin
11-17-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Airborne Ranger
no, its your flamin personality, after listening to Sean paul

Give yer head a shake

flizzy home dawg
11-17-2003, 05:21 AM
I think the closest thingk I listen too that is rap is the red hot chili peppers, rap... really isn't even music

Neo
11-17-2003, 05:45 AM
i only listen to beastie boys as far as rap goes.

i listen to lots of different kinds of music. there is one thing to say tho:

TOOL is the best band in the world 8) :woot: :agree:

BAC5.2
11-17-2003, 05:51 AM
I hardly consider Beastie Boys rap, but if you wanted to qualify them as rap, then they are #3 (in no specific order mind you) on my list.

Leifless
11-17-2003, 05:54 AM
meh...hip hop.

beastie boys is somewhat ok, but i can only stand it like once or twice a year.

Jaysin
11-17-2003, 06:07 AM
i only listen to beastie boys as far as rap goes.

i listen to lots of different kinds of music. there is one thing to say tho:

schism rules, had that flowing on the subs on the way to work:woot:

Painting_of_Rebelion
11-17-2003, 06:10 AM
Why would you call me either?

Both of us grew up in different environments, with different cultural influences. What is good to you, might not be to me.

Look at Hanson. They sold millions of records. I never bought one. Some people obviously liked them. I did not. How can you call not liking a type of music uncultured or naive?
Well put, but seriously, what does the era you grew up in have to do with the music you like, I mean to a point yes, I grew up as a teen during the grunge movement, and yes, I'm a rock and roll fan, but I'm a blues nut, and sure as hell didn't grow up during the hey day of the blues. To each their own, but there is some amazingly consious hip-hop out there, that realy is well made, and good IMO. Look at a guy like Mos Def. He plays allot of instruments, he's a Jazz maniac. and yes, I guess the Beastie boys are for the most part, a Hip-hop group regardless of the different types of music they play. The Beasties are sweet, and if you don't like them, you probably didn't grow up with them.

Originally posted by flizzy home dawg
I think the closest thingk I listen too that is rap is the red hot chili peppers, rap... really isn't even music
Come on man...rap, not music...you know they called the blues "Nigger shit" back in the day, and you'd have to be a fool to believe that. Have whatever oppinion you want, but music is so undefianble as far as style goes, you can't say that one is , and another isn't... :lol: and I'd have to argue that RHCP is not rap or even close :lol:

BAC5.2
11-17-2003, 06:25 AM
I never said anything about growing up in different time periods.

I said environments (east coast, west coast, different education's different friends) and different cultures (what our parents listened to, who we hang out with, and possibly what your heritage listens to, things like that).

I prefer chill, mellow music like Dispatch, Jimmy Buffet (hence location), things like that. The only rap I do like is the 3 bands I stated, and it's because of the way it's portrayed (i.e. how it flows and how it overall sounds).

Painting_of_Rebelion
11-17-2003, 06:55 AM
I never said anything about growing up in different time periods.

I said environments (east coast, west coast, different education's different friends) and different cultures (what our parents listened to, who we hang out with, and possibly what your heritage listens to, things like that).

I prefer chill, mellow music like Dispatch, Jimmy Buffet (hence location), things like that. The only rap I do like is the 3 bands I stated, and it's because of the way it's portrayed (i.e. how it flows and how it overall sounds).
Sorry, I miss read ya. I can fully respect that.

Me, I'm a bit eclectic. I'm realy in to the blues and Jazz, they represent most of my intrest. I also Love Ben Harper, Jack J, Slightly Stoopid, Sublime, and alot of other chill bands, I can realy assosiate with relaxed fun music like you're talking about. But then, I'm also a Huge TOOL and Rage fan. there is something about the feeling I get when I turn up that shit before a ride, and the hair on my arms stands up...ooohhh I love it. I'm a red head, and I've got a firey temper, so agressive hard music is sort of right up my alley. I also like the rythms of good hip-hop. Rythm is key no matter what, I love a funky bass line and a great beat, doesn't matter who play's it. What I realy hate is all the poser punk and bling bling shit that is courseing through the airwaves right now, but hey, I'm sure thats what parents thought back in the day when their kids started listening to Jimmi Hendrix, or when Mothers were burning Kiss records(not that good charolette, Disturbed, or the others are even in the same league but...). I still say that Rock and Roll for the most part is represented by total sissy posers, and Rap is killing legitimate hip hop but what ever.

cheers mate have a good night :thepimp:

BAC5.2
11-17-2003, 07:08 AM
oh right on dude, I know what you mean about pumped up music.

Fear Factory - Genetic Blueprint never fails to get me pumped to ride.

I'm down with 311, Rage, Thursday, CKY, Tenacious D, things like that.

But looking at my playlist, Phish, Steve Miller Band, Smunkin's, OAR, Moe., Jack J, Jimmy Buffet, Jason Mraz, Dispatch, Counting Crows, Built To Spill, and Ben Harper dominate my listening preference. I just don't like to get pumped ALL the time. I listen to music to relax.

Painting_of_Rebelion
11-17-2003, 07:15 AM
:lol: yeah, I can't handle being pumped all the time either...
Hey, check out Kelly Joe Phelps...espescialy the Album "lead me on" he's a sweet blues/chill guitarist from Portland, and I'm realy into him right now, he's great and you'd probably like him wiht your similar music tastes...built to spill, YES, I love them. and Moe is good as well. 7 days from now, I'm gonna be at the BB king show... :D YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH:thepimp:

Broken Fusion!
11-17-2003, 07:15 AM

Every song on Lateralus rocks so hard I can't believe it. Parabol + Parabola, and Ticks & Leeches have to be my favorites though.

Painting_of_Rebelion
11-17-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Painting_of_Rebelion
:lol: yeah, I can't handle being pumped all the time either...
Hey, check out Kelly Joe Phelps...espescialy the Album "lead me on" he's a sweet blues/chill guitarist from Portland, and I'm realy into him right now, he's great and you'd probably like him wiht your similar music tastes...built to spill, YES, I love them. and Moe is good as well. 7 days from now, I'm gonna be at the BB king show... :D YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH:thepimp:
Oh, and 311 has some chill shit too, I realy like the Acoustic "i'll be here a while" that was one of my favorites all through Australlia. still makes me think of that place.

BAC5.2
11-17-2003, 07:31 AM
OAR - I feel home.

Download it and fall in love with Maryland music. Absolutely, one of my favorite band's of all time (aside from Dispatch and Pat McGee)

Neo
11-17-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Broken Fusion!
Every song on Lateralus rocks so hard I can't believe it. Parabol + Parabola, and Ticks & Leeches have to be my favorites though.

Parabol/Parabola kicks so much ass. and the video fucking OWNS. i love it when those luminatti guys puke black goo in a circle at the beginning and when the one dude dissects the little alien guy by cutting him in half with a razor blade 8) 8)