PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Fit

Derek
10-29-2003, 02:56 AM
I'm buying a full face helmet soon, and I was wondering how snug it should fit my head. Should there be absolutly no up and down play, or is a little bit okay? What about side to side play?

IFO
10-29-2003, 02:59 AM
u want it to be a tad snug in the face and a tighter fit in the skull....

the helmet will "soften" up and shape itself to your head to some degree within few extended rides...

hope that helps...

p.s try a bunch of different brands on, cuz every helmet maker builds a lid to suit a diferent shaped head...

for example the Giro/661 lids dont fit me at all...while the BELL's fit like a glove...

happy shopping....

barry
10-29-2003, 03:02 AM
there should be no side to side play, a little up and down, but only if you actually move it with your hands. i prefer jawplates to be close in as well.

Bryan
10-29-2003, 03:08 AM
try on as many as possible and see what you like.do NOT stick with one brand as they all have different fits.get as snug as possible but remeber that anything that feels weird or too tight or a pressure point after 2 minutes of wearing will feel 1000x worse after 60min or longer.after trying on 6-12 different makes and sizes you will become a good judge of what works for you.it took me almost 6 months to find a helmet i liked(or actually fit nicely)