PDA

View Full Version : Installing JVC mp3 deck......

10-02-2003, 12:06 AM
Does anyone here know how to do deck instalations, ive got a JVC mp3 deck that i got a few monthes ago and i wanna install it in my Truck, like how much should i expect to pay for parts and install, i think i need a dash kit different hook ups for the JVC. any info ???

mike
10-02-2003, 12:21 AM
you shouldnt need anything besides what came with the deck
installing it yourself is easy. i think futurshop does it for like 30 bucks if you really feel you cant do it. get a wiring diagram for the deck(on my jvc there was a sticker with the wiring diagram on the deck itself) and find a wiring diagram for your truck either on the internet, the trucks manual, or find a haynes repair manual for it and photocopy the diagram
its easy to do. very easy

BiG D
10-02-2003, 12:23 AM
I will soon need to know how to do this aswell :lol:
as soon as i get my car and deck

mike
10-02-2003, 12:29 AM
it becomes very easy once you read the instructions

sanrensho
10-02-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by mike
it becomes very easy once you read the instructions

Did you also get the wiring harness for your truck? Other than that, simply follow the wiring instructions that came with your deck.

tuck3r
10-02-2003, 02:16 AM
This is why you go to a place that does free install with any deck over $200. Makes life much easier. A&B sound is a good place. That's where I got my new deck. Clarion DXZ535 it's mad pimpin' yo.

Zedbra
10-02-2003, 02:59 AM
You will need a dash kit that will fill in the void space from the stock deck, yes. As for wiring, if you don't have the harness with the deck (usually means its stolen), then you got a whole lotta splicing to do. You can look at your vehicle's manual and find out which wires are which, and tap into them by using the info on the deck (like mentioned, most are marked).

Make sure you properly connect your HOT wire and your IGNITION wire. And find a GOOD GROUND so you don;t get whining nose when you accelerate