PDA

View Full Version : Auction Question

barry
07-18-2003, 01:04 AM
Is there any way to find out the reserve bid without just bidding and bidding up to it?

It says I'm the highest bidder for both the hayes, but it sez theres a reserve price.

:???:

barry
07-18-2003, 01:31 AM
:(

oldschl81
07-18-2003, 04:25 AM
that's the whole point of a reserve. finding out what they want for it.

ask the seller if they will tell you the reserve

in the end it is really only worth what you are willing to pay

jro
07-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Does anyone know if there are taxes on the items after your bid price?

mtbloops
07-18-2003, 08:48 AM
theres no taxes

seand
07-18-2003, 04:58 PM
taxes = none :D

reserve = 65% of retail
the only items not like that are the onces we were told what a minimum bid should be.

unless an item goes for a rediculously small amount of money compared to its retail, the item will still be sold to the highest bidder. the auction is about getting blair his chair. if an item is auctioned off and not sold...well what good is still having the item? :) tis all about bringing in the money...

hope that helps!

-sean

barry
07-18-2003, 07:25 PM
so unless i bid up to 65% i cant get it? even if im the winner?

Kevan
07-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Barry
so unless i bid up to 65% i cant get it? even if im the winner?

Yeah but trust me, not a single item on that auction is gonna go for under the reserve price, ppl want these things, plus it helps a good cause, AND 65% off is still a HUGE discount.

barry
07-18-2003, 09:16 PM
its not 65% off its 35% off, any many of us get 20% off at our lbs. so its not actually that huge. but its a good cause so im still bidding

seand
07-18-2003, 10:34 PM
like i said before:

unless an item goes for a rediculously small amount of money compared to its retail, the item will still be sold to the highest bidder. the auction is about getting blair his chair. if an item is auctioned off and not sold...well what good is still having the item? tis all about bringing in the money...

yes, we can all get these things cheaper through connections..hell if anyone paid actual retail for their bike, they would be living on the streets...

but its for a good cause...

the flying moose
07-18-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by [email protected]
yes, we can all get these things cheaper through connections..hell if anyone paid actual retail for their bike, they would be living on the streets...

but its for a good cause...

i pay retail. i have no LBS. it went out of business.:(

seand
07-18-2003, 10:42 PM
where do you live that you have no lbs?

the flying moose
07-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by [email protected]
where do you live that you have no lbs?

Langley. My options are Caps, Sports West and Mountain Alpine Sports. The first two have screwed me in the past and the third is really only parts and couldnt get me some of the stuff i have needed in the past.

The closest for me is probably Overtime or Lifecycles. Both are a half hour away. And I really don't have the money or need to buy the amount of product in order to get a discount.

barry
07-19-2003, 04:27 AM
im so sorry :(