PDA

View Full Version : 15% tax cut....

Couch_Surfer
11-18-2010, 01:10 AM
Gone.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/canada/breakingnews/bc-liberal-government-suspends-plan-for-15-per-cent-personal-income-tax-cut-108804179.html

Thanks Gordo.

Adam West
11-18-2010, 01:16 AM
cocksuckers

PUNKY
11-18-2010, 01:24 AM
sounds about right

FlipFantasia
11-18-2010, 01:25 AM
to be honest, you don't get out of deficits by cutting taxes, and I'd rather keep paying what I'm used to paying rather than see cuts to health and education, among other things.

connor
11-18-2010, 01:51 AM
I can't wait to see how much shit they try and pile on him in the next couple months, to make the rest of the libs look good.

More corrupt than Glen Clarks deck...

roy
11-18-2010, 02:00 AM
no way there was ever going to be a 15% tax cut! 1.5% maybe!

Rat
11-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Fuck that, I want less taxes and more services. its all Campbells fault. he is satan and was also convicted of drunk driving once too.

Gimp Pimp
11-18-2010, 02:44 AM
to be honest, you don't get out of deficits by cutting taxes, and I'd rather keep paying what I'm used to paying rather than see cuts to health and education, among other things.

this

Fuck that, I want less taxes and more services. its all Campbells fault. he is satan and was also convicted of drunk driving once too.

:lol:

shorelocal
11-18-2010, 04:31 AM
It ain't about the cut ... it's about the Liberals offering something to improve their public approval rating, and when it doesn't work as planned, re-negging on their offer. What a bunch of f***in f***tards! They just lost whatever little credibility they had left.

IFO
11-18-2010, 04:36 AM
It ain't about the cut ... it's about the Liberals offering something to improve their public approval rating, and when it doesn't work as planned, re-negging on their offer. What a bunch of f***in f***tards! They just lost whatever little credibility they had left.

exactly

as soon as Gordo got the boot , it was time to reneg on his last promise

fitting end to a douchebag...

KenN
11-18-2010, 05:00 AM
I want more work for less pay!!!

Kn.

KenN
11-18-2010, 05:01 AM
What a bunch of f***in f***tards! They just lost whatever little credibility they had left.

Carole James.

Kn.

Poz
11-18-2010, 05:01 AM

Agreed.

Im extremely dissapointed how this has all gone down the past few weeks.

I actually thought he had an excellent go as Premier of BC. He had his faults, they all do, but there was much good that came out of the Liberals with him at the helm.

How they handled the introduction and implementation of the HST was pathetic (Im actually pro-consumption taxes). Had it been implemented along with an income tax decrease and strong PR it would have been just fine.

How he just quit when his last ditch effort didn't boost his ratings made me lose all my respect for him. He was three terms in, finish it off like a man, man. He had already made it clear this was his last go around.

Now he gets rid of this tax cut.

The guy was able to get through a drinking driving conviction. He was set to leave office as a good Premier. Sadly, in my opinion, he is leaving now disgraced.

damian
11-18-2010, 05:40 AM
There was no option to finish it off as a man since the BC consumer was in cardiac arrest about the HST. The debacle here is the awful introduction of the HST, it should have been clear what a consumption tax is and that it will be accompanied by a reduction in income tax. Income tax is the greatest robbery in history, but thats a debate for another time.

Gordos move was strategic enough to ensure that the NDP cannot capitalize on his lack of popularity, Carol James entire NDP platform flushed down the toilet with Campbell's resignation. She's a worthless politician, and would make a equally worthless premier.

Say what you want about Gordo, but he was the man when it came to getting the funding for public projects. The man has built this province more in his last 3 terms than anyone has in the past 2 decades. Gordon's legacy will be around long after he is gone.

eeyun
11-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Down with taxes, up with education spending! Down with taxes, up with health care!! :lol:

aShogunNamedMarcus
11-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Say what you want about Gordo, but he was the man when it came to getting the funding for public projects. The man has built this province more in his last 3 terms than anyone has in the past 2 decades. Gordon's legacy will be around long after he is gone.

Isnt the funding dependent on votes, which the Libs had a clear majority of, therefore ensuring his projects were approved and not stalemated in the House?

I could be wrong as I dont know the dynamics that well.

As for building more than anyone in 2 decades, thats what developers do. Build shit. But in this case, the taxpayer gets to foot the bill for his so called legacy.

jbazett
11-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Really? Can you really not read between the lines? This is politics 101 people.

"It was important to make sure that that new leader could articulate a new vision that they were wanting to pursue and do that in such a way that (the cabinet) is not tying the hands of that new premier and the executive," Campbell told the Canadian Press on Wednesday

Read: We're going to announce a new leader, then allow them to announce a tax cut so that they can take the credit for it heading into the next election and receive the bump in the polls instead of wasting the political capital on an outgoing administration.

*addition

The incoming administration is going to have to run on "We're Liberals, but we're not Gordon Campbell's kind of Liberals" next election. A tax cut gives them a great opportunity to distance themselves from Campbell policies and play the "Gordon Campbell raised your taxes with HST, we didn't agree with him on that one, so here's a tax cut" card. It's actually a pretty smart move. Let Campbell take the political hit for both HST and Denying a promised massive tax cut, he's already dead in the water, this will leave room for the new administration to pass a smaller tax cut and look like heroes.....

aShogunNamedMarcus
11-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Really? Can you really not read between the lines? This is politics 101 people.

Read: We're going to announce a new leader, then allow them to announce a tax cut so that they can take the credit for it heading into the next election and receive the bump in the polls instead of wasting the political capital on an outgoing administration.

I understood that.

When is the next election? I'm wondering if one leader steps down, why isnt a general election called b/c in my opinion, they cant just substitute someone the people didnt directly vote for. They can offer us a new leader between other party choices and then waste more money on another election.

jbazett
11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I understood that.

When is the next election? I'm wondering if one leader steps down, why isnt a general election called b/c in my opinion, they cant just substitute someone the people didnt directly vote for. They can offer us a new leader between other party choices and then waste more money on another election.

What country do you live in? Have you ever voted? I've never cast a ballot for Gordon Campbell. No one outside of his constituency has, so why should my local MP have to fund raise and campaign again because his party's leader has stepped down??? What about incumbents from other parties? Should an NDP MP in a swing district have to risk losing his seat to a Liberal because the leader of another party has stepped down? You don't vote for the party leader, you vote for your local representative and whichever party has the most seats elects a person to lead them. It just doesn't make any sense to have another election. I also suspect that if the liberals did call for an election now, the NDP would hit them for wasting tax payer's money during the campaign rush.

connor
11-18-2010, 10:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_election_dates_in_Canada

KenN
11-18-2010, 11:13 PM
The rule is ... if the party in power elects a new leader AND the new leader doesn't have a seat in the House, then a general election must be called with (xxx) days. I don't know what the exact number of days is and I don't care enough to look it up.

If the new leader does hold a seat in the house then business carries on as usual.

Kn.

hypa
11-18-2010, 11:35 PM
So more Kevin Falcon, less Diane Watts?

iirc she said no already. Jumping into provincial politics is like jumping into a tank full of sharks with aids. Even if you survive, you're screwed in the long run.

Unless you get a cushy job in the private sector, like so many other provincial politicians who bought their futures while in office.

Putty
11-19-2010, 03:07 AM
less gov't inefficiency, more services, less tax.

XXX_er
11-19-2010, 04:30 AM
The rule is ... if the party in power elects a new leader AND the new leader doesn't have a seat in the House, then a general election must be called with (xxx) days.

hmmm sounds like a chance to make 300$ as a returning officer