PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to go to work today.

hypa
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
There, I said it.
It's not going to be very busy. In fact, I can probably work from home and finish most of my tasks. As I sit here in my Fruit of the Loom's, I ponder things like, why do they say slavery ended a half century ago when we're all obvious slaves to the financial sector through our mortgages, car payments, and overall debt?

I wonder if Woody Harrelson's dad was actually the second shooter in the JFK assassination.

I question whether or not China has the capacity to be a world power.

Really though, I just want to go biking.

Joe Kickass
04-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Is your job that boring?

Get a new one, I hear gste is looking to hire hookers or lookers or some hooker management team. I can't quite tell, but the pay is competitive!

Chewylewy
04-23-2010, 05:36 PM
As I sit here in my Fruit of the Loom's

Briefs or boxers?

hypa
Boxer briefs.
I like the support, and the length.
:cool:

Mr. Kickass, trust me, the pay is not competitive.
And that my friend, is the biggest issue. I don't work a lot of hours, and make an okay living. But the job has no soul. I had more fun working at restaurants back in the day. But how does one support a family on restaurant wages?

The worst part is that I know I'm a slave. But what other option is there? Live like a bushman? Move to a Caribbean island somewhere? Aren't they all sinking?

Funny. While you were posting, I got a call from a customer. She needs parts asap for production, which means I'm off to work.

So much for playing hookie.
:lol:

the flying moose
Briefs or boxers?

he is naked. he just wrote fruit of the loom on his waist.

hypa
04-23-2010, 05:39 PM
^
The black marker is making my skin hurt.
:(

That said, I'd probably stay home more often if I had a pair of these waiting for me.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ozvYdZpOSIM/RltFtgC6bPI/AAAAAAAAAKc/pOaIMS2alo4/s400/Sexy_Underwear.jpg

the flying moose
04-23-2010, 05:40 PM
^
The black marker is making my skin hurt.
:(

That said, I'd probably stay home more often if I had a pair of these waiting for me.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ozvYdZpOSIM/RltFtgC6bPI/AAAAAAAAAKc/pOaIMS2alo4/s400/Sexy_Underwear.jpg

nah i dont think you could pull off the frilly lace no matter how comfortable.

hypa
04-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Good call.
I'm more of a cotton man anyway. Lace makes me feel a bit gay for some reason.

That said, I don't think there is enough lace in all the factories in China to cover this ass.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qp8_aNp24Yg/SnnWez0PFzI/AAAAAAAAE_Y/R0UlkHadrQQ/s400/thong.jpg

BADONKADONK!

Da Peach
04-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Flying Moose on fire...

I ponder things like, why do they say slavery ended a half century ago when we're all obvious slaves to the financial sector through our mortgages, car payments, and overall debt?

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the fact that all of the things you've listed are voluntary.

Just sayin'.

[email protected]
04-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Look at the size that thing. it's like a watermelon!

Bushman
04-23-2010, 05:53 PM
Good call.
I'm more of a cotton man anyway. Lace makes me feel a bit gay for some reason.

That said, I don't think there is enough lace in all the factories in China to cover this ass.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qp8_aNp24Yg/SnnWez0PFzI/AAAAAAAAE_Y/R0UlkHadrQQ/s400/thong.jpg

BADONKADONK!

Holly Hanna!..........and all things holly.

Take a mental health break day......you wont be missed, only replaced ......if possible.

off to go wake up wife......nom nom

Chewylewy
04-23-2010, 06:04 PM
Just make sure you whipe good if you put a thong on.

trail worker
04-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Hah, I havn't worked in 5 months. Semi retirement is great..I'm about to go out for a leisurely breakfast with some friends, then I'll go for a bike ride followed by an early season dip in the lake and some beers on my patio.

Have a good day!

rewoga
04-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Dirty pot smoking Nelson hippy....

(said with NO jealousy at all, srsly, I mean I would rather be at my desk furiously typing a water strategy and accompanying staff report - honest I would! Besides, the lake is always still freaking cold in April - I speak from experience here...)

chupacabra
04-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Hah, I havn't worked in 5 months. Semi retirement is great..I'm about to go out for a leisurely breakfast with some friends, then I'll go for a bike ride followed by an early season dip in the lake and some beers on my patio.

Have a good day!

Add the hockey game on at 7 that would be my perfect day.

rewoga
04-23-2010, 06:30 PM

Don't forget he could go skiing to - not sure why he would want to have so much fun in one day - working is wayy better...=/

trail worker
04-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Ah yes, forgot all about it..the beers on the patio will be a precursor to watching the game :)

chupacabra
04-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Don't forget he could go skiing to - not sure why he would want to have so much fun in one day - working is wayy better...=/

Skiing would be too much for me. A perfect day has to be lazy enough so you can waste time doing everything planned and still never be rushed. That would just ruin it. That is why the leisure breakfast is key to start the day on the right note.

Rat
04-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Boxer briefs.
I like the support, and the length.
:cool:

The worst part is that I know I'm a slave. But what other option is there? Live like a bushman? Move to a Caribbean island somewhere? Aren't they all sinking?

dont you have a ridiculous amount of cash tied up in silly cars and want to buy an acreage.

sounds like your creating your own problems.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/hypasteve/STi_stuff_2009/IMGP3548.jpg

trail worker
04-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Skiing would be too much for me. A perfect day has to be lazy enough so you can waste time doing everything planned and still never be rushed. That would just ruin it. That is why the leisure breakfast is key to start the day on the right note.
You got it right. I don't even own a watch, never rush!
Well, I'm out...Bon appetit!

DARTHYOGA
04-23-2010, 07:06 PM
The clones around here are trying to tempt me to suicide. There is an inane pet peeve they have all formed a lynch mob about and the pitch forks have landed at my cubicle. "Change the fking setting on your computer" doesnt register in their fiery yet blank stares and its on again. Its gone viral and behind every corner lurks a dirty villager with an eveil eye.
My manager senses my malevolence and will only contact me through instant messages.

Admin has left a trail of candies to the meeting rooms but I'm not going to fall for it.

hypa
04-23-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the fact that all of the things you've listed are voluntary.

Just sayin'.

dont you have a ridiculous amount of cash tied up in silly cars and want to buy an acreage.

sounds like your creating your own problems.

Quite true.

But the biggest problem is that I've tasted what I feel is the good life, and it would be very hard to give it up. And by no means think that I'm talking about a shopping weekend in Dubai, I daily drive a Toyota for crying out loud. I'm talking about having the time and money to do what makes you happy. For me, it's an overnight trip to Whistler. Give the wife and kids $100 to go out and play, eat lunch, etc. All while I ride with my $495 season's pass on my $3g dh bike. After paying $1.29 a ltr for gas, and $179/night for a 2 bedroom *remember, the wife and kids are coming, I have to work to maintain this lifestyle.

I think the biggest issue are the 4 dependants I have. But it's not fun without them, so what's a guy to do?

Take a mental health break day......you wont be missed, only replaced ......if possible.

off to go wake up wife......nom nom

You sir, are a lucky man.
Maybe I'll take monday off. Let's see what the weather is like, shall we?

Have a good day!

Thanks man.
You too, although it sounds like you're already there.

8)

The clones around here are trying to tempt me to suicide.

That made me feel better.
Thanks.

comoxclan101
04-23-2010, 07:25 PM
it helps to get high and sit in a hammock

Joe Kickass
04-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Quite true.

But the biggest problem is that I've tasted what I feel is the good life, and it would be very hard to give it up.

Then you can never stop, every time you make a bit more ($$ wise) you end up finding new items for the said "good life". You've been trained well by the media just like many of us.

You don't need to go to Whistler, you can ride NS for free ;). You don't need an STI, you could enjoy a used WRX. The level of "happy" isn't necessarily correlated with the amount of goodies you own. Just saying.

Rat
04-23-2010, 07:37 PM
just saying you complain about being a slave to the man when your just a slave to the commercial bull shit. you can have 90% of the fun for 20% of the price tag. after taxes thats a hell of a price to pay for the extra 10%

Chief
04-23-2010, 07:53 PM
i dont think we should rag on him too hard.....but he did sort of bring it on himself haha.

have fun at work!

hypa
04-23-2010, 10:30 PM
it helps to get high and sit in a hammock

agreed.

Then you can never stop, every time you make a bit more ($$ wise) you end up finding new items for the said "good life". You've been trained well by the media just like many of us.

You don't need to go to Whistler, you can ride NS for free ;). You don't need an STI, you could enjoy a used WRX. The level of "happy" isn't necessarily correlated with the amount of goodies you own. Just saying.

Oh come on now..... it's like you're chastising me for living my life. It's easy to say this when you have little, but once you've taken a Ferrari on the autobahn, or flown first class, or sat in the VIP section in a nice Vegas club, you will never know. Wine tastes a little better, food goes down smoother, and pretty girls smile a little longer.

And that my friend, is the whole point. I've tasted these things, and liked the flavor. It's like a former cokehead coming clean and thinking "shit, life is boring now".

you can have 90% of the fun for 20% of the price tag.

That's what I thought back in the day.
But you can't compare a shuttle trip to the shore (for example) compared to a day at the gravity camp.

Would you rather vacation in a tent on the Okanagan lake, or a nice room at the hotel on the lake?

Would you rather hit crankworx in your buddies van, or with a place to stay at the Hilton?

See what I mean?

Besides, where did I complain about this?
I merely stated that I didn't want to go to work today. Even bums have days like that, don't they?

but he did sort of bring it on himself haha.

:)

I take responsibility when times are rough, and profit when times are good.
So what reason do you, of all people, have to laugh at me?

Rat
04-23-2010, 10:45 PM

thats what you said, Im presenting the other options. and Ive done all the above and still do on the rare occasion or when work pays for it. but I think its way overrated.

Ill take the van, the Camping and Shuttling with my bros and more of it

but whatever makes you happy

Joe Kickass
04-23-2010, 10:49 PM
You've just reiterated my point. I am not judging you bud, it's just all in your head. You think that if only you had more $$ you would be able to afford more things and it would make you happier. Right? Because you've had some of those luxuries.
Well, that's like a dog chasing it's tail bud... the more you make, the more you'll want and that "I am happy now" feeling may never come. Be content with what you have.

Again, I am not judging you and we all have our days, just pointing out the obvious.

Cheer up bud, weekend is here!

hypa
04-24-2010, 01:32 AM
Ill take the van, the Camping and Shuttling with my bros and more of it

I think I need more of that.
The problem is most of my buds are plump from the playoffs, and it's only been a week.

Again, I am not judging you and we all have our days, just pointing out the obvious.

Cheer up bud, weekend is here!

I think that's the way I was seeing it. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike my life at all. I do this so that I can spend more time with the family. And while the job really doesn't appeal to me..... how many of us really like what we do everyday?

Let's face it, we're all slaves to something. Whether it's the kids, or the car payment, or school loans, there's always something. Which is why slave is the wrong term to use. They lacked the freedom to take off for the weekend, whereas most of us work for the weekend. We do this because in the end most of us like to get outside. Regardless of where it is.

Now that the day is over, I can say that today wasn't so bad. It's finding that fine balance between work, play, and life that is so hard to come by.

You know, if you go through the time stamps of the posts, you can see our moods get better as the day went on. Just to get all psychological on this chit.

trail worker
04-24-2010, 02:12 AM
I only enjoy semi-retirement because I've never gotten myself into much debt, so I don't really have to keep working all the time to pay bills. I have cheap rent, drive an older truck and may have some questionable tastes in furniture, but I can afford to take time off whenever I want.
It's a trade-off I'm willing to take, I think it's worthwhile.

Adam West
04-24-2010, 02:19 AM
silly mainlanders

i didnt want to go to work today either. but it was payday friday.

Joe Kickass
04-24-2010, 03:24 AM
awesome man, and you are right about the mood! I've had a few beers celebrating and waiting for the wife to go out for dinner and more beers. Life is great!

I think I need more of that.
The problem is most of my buds are plump from the playoffs, and it's only been a week.

I think that's the way I was seeing it. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike my life at all. I do this so that I can spend more time with the family. And while the job really doesn't appeal to me..... how many of us really like what we do everyday?

Let's face it, we're all slaves to something. Whether it's the kids, or the car payment, or school loans, there's always something. Which is why slave is the wrong term to use. They lacked the freedom to take off for the weekend, whereas most of us work for the weekend. We do this because in the end most of us like to get outside. Regardless of where it is.

Now that the day is over, I can say that today wasn't so bad. It's finding that fine balance between work, play, and life that is so hard to come by.

You know, if you go through the time stamps of the posts, you can see our moods get better as the day went on. Just to get all psychological on this chit.

Posted via Mobile Device