so nsmb docs, lets get to it

ulnar nerve entrapment?

lupus?

some new std?

i'm going to the doctors

slider32
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
You been doing "the stranger" too much?

On to more serious things... Spend much time typing on a keyboard? try an ergo one, it may help.

Chewylewy
04-19-2010, 07:06 PM
My first thought was Lupus.

But yeah the stranger idea could be it as well. If you sit on your hand too much you may end up pinching a nerve. Maybe try sitting on your other hand for a while and give your left one a break.

Mr. Charles
04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
gooch, ulnar nerve for sure. get it checked out, as you said you are. causes are variable. not much else to say. post back with the docs opinion, as i'm curious.

gooch
04-19-2010, 07:51 PM
Posted via Mobile Device i dont do "the stranger" at all. I find "drunk chick" works better for me. Doctor said i might have too much awesome in me and has sent me for tests

gerewh0te
04-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Doctor said i might have too much awesome in me and has sent me for tests

a. stop calling that rubber fist "awesome"
b. take it out before you go to the dr about your fucking hand

biggles604
04-19-2010, 07:59 PM
I find "drunk chick" works better for me.

Is that when you get a French manicure pound back a bunch of Vodka coolers, then abuse yourself while looking at how pretty your hands look?

Lady Gravity
04-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Is that when you get a French manicure pound back a bunch of Vodka coolers, then abuse yourself while looking at how pretty your hands look?

TMI

*sticks fingers in ears* lalalalalalala

Zedbra
04-19-2010, 08:23 PM
too many reacharounds would be my guess. so kind of you, though

big-ted
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
the pinkie and ring finger of my left hand

this obviously makes doing the shocker near impossible

Use the right hand? :???:

Tracer Tong
04-19-2010, 08:41 PM
have someone pull on said fingers, then your whole arm. Stop if it gives you terrible pain.

Straw
04-19-2010, 08:43 PM
My sister entered a running race, and at the end of it her fingers were numb, and she was concerned.

I often have this while running, so it's not surprise to me. I guess the blood doesn't want to go all the way down there when my hands are moving and I'm working hard.

Anyway, it was one of my sister's first races, so she went to the doc about it afterwards. He said something like "It's probably nothing, but I want to rule out MS."

So for two weeks the whole family is in hyper-concerned mode because the doctor was like the guy in Arrested Development.

Turns out it was nothing.

So gooch, better go and rule out MS.

MudPie
04-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Use the right hand? :???:

and give up that 'feels like someone else doing it' feeling? he just won the lottery

jbazett
04-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Good luck with the stroke.... wait.... er..... I mean like... uh... cardiovascular stroke... not like.... er... stroke, stroke......

Chewylewy
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
What you should probably do is pick up a Gatorade bottle, a balloon, and a plastic spoon or popsicle. It will be like arts a crafts and will give your hand a rest.

gooch
04-19-2010, 11:29 PM
My sister entered a running race, and at the end of it her fingers were numb, and she was concerned.

I often have this while running, so it's not surprise to me. I guess the blood doesn't want to go all the way down there when my hands are moving and I'm working hard.

Anyway, it was one of my sister's first races, so she went to the doc about it afterwards. He said something like "It's probably nothing, but I want to rule out MS."

So for two weeks the whole family is in hyper-concerned mode because the doctor was like the guy in Arrested Development.

Turns out it was nothing.

So gooch, better go and rule out MS.

they are running cbc, chem 7, b12, glucose, and a bunch of other ones

i tried self medicating earlier and now my whole body is numb

gooch
04-19-2010, 11:31 PM
What you should probably do is pick up a Gatorade bottle, a balloon, and a plastic spoon or popsicle. It will be like arts a crafts and will give your hand a rest.

how am i going to have sex with these items?

Chewylewy
04-19-2010, 11:40 PM
how am i going to have sex with these items?

You can used them to make a simulated vagina as seen in the homemade snowmaker thread. http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=132385

Although the opening seems a little small. maybe you just have to push hard. Don't push to hard though or having numb fingers will be the least of your problems.

Mr. Charles
04-19-2010, 11:48 PM
they are running cbc, chem 7, b12, glucose, and a bunch of other ones

i tried self medicating earlier and now my whole body is numb

based on ur avatar, you could lose some weight.

gooch
04-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Posted via Mobile Device you sonofabitch

Gran Torino
04-20-2010, 12:33 AM
too many reacharounds would be my guess. so kind of you, though

Hahahahahahahahaha 10/10

Aeropusher
04-20-2010, 12:33 AM
U can still drink? Right?? Opening weekend is coming up and I gonna be there...

rewoga
04-20-2010, 12:44 AM

Oh - so that's how this works - you can make it to Whistgnar for a whole weekend but can't be bothered to drive the one measly hour to race with your Island buddies? pffffft - I may have to un-friend you...

Aeropusher
04-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Thanks, Andrew...I spent most of sunday discussing housing options for my wife's father whose alzheimers is seriously affecting the whole family. Sorry, I couldn't come out to play...but for once I have to act like a real adult and be a supportive husband..

rewoga
04-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Thanks, Andrew...I spent most of sunday discussing housing options for my wife's father whose alzheimers is seriously affecting the whole family. Sorry, I couldn't come out to play...but for once I have to act like a real adult and be a supportive husband..

dude - I think your e-sarc meter is on the fritz...I wasn't actually srs!!!

however-acting like a "real adult" is srsly hazardous to your health...

Aeropusher
04-20-2010, 01:19 AM
My haha parts are broken right now

gooch, are you alright??

Posted via Mobile Device

mrraulduke
04-20-2010, 01:33 AM
but for once I have to act like a real adult and be a supportive husband..

but it's so unlike you ... characteristics like that are hard to fake.

gooch
04-20-2010, 01:53 AM

i may only be able to drink one at a time, so i will be severely handicapped, but yes i will struggle on

the flying moose
04-20-2010, 03:18 AM
i may only be able to drink one at a time, so i will be severely handicapped, but yes i will struggle on

problem solved.

http://coolmaterial.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/beer-accessories/mohawk-beer-hat.jpg

gooch
04-20-2010, 09:02 PM
day 8 no change, tried to ice yesterday, no help

Mr. Charles
04-20-2010, 09:30 PM
gooch you having trouble anyhwer else along your arm all the way up to your neck, or is it just inthe fingers?

gooch
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
gooch you having trouble anyhwer else along your arm all the way up to your neck, or is it just inthe fingers?

i have a small amount of feeling loss starting below the elbow but it gets more pronouced by the wrist and then through the hand and fingers it is almost total

seems to be a possible ulnar nerve entrapment but they are testing to rule out neuropathy first and then they will do and nvc to locate the blockage i would imagine

unless its lupus

Chewylewy
04-20-2010, 09:49 PM
i have a small amount of feeling loss starting below the elbow but it gets more pronouced by the wrist and then through the hand and fingers it is almost total

seems to be a possible ulnar nerve entrapment but they are testing to rule out neuropathy first and then they will do and nvc to locate the blockage i would imagine

unless its lupus

Lupus is a sneaky one so you never know.

So is an Ulnar nerve entrapment a repetetive stress situation or is it caused by an injury? Can you do stretches to take the pressure off of it?

mrraulduke
04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
i had alot of left arm numbness after my collarbone snappeage and surgeries.
Pinky and ring finger, going up to the elbow. i still get it now and again, but it comes back every time i see this thread.

KenN
04-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Is gereWh0re okay?

Kn.

gooch
04-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Lupus is a sneaky one so you never know.

So is an Ulnar nerve entrapment a repetetive stress situation or is it caused by an injury? Can you do stretches to take the pressure off of it?

can be repetitive or can be tramatic, they keep asking me about my neck but that is fine, i popped the tendon in my other arm last year so i could see it happenening on that side, but this side i don't know why

i have a pretty high tolerence to pain so i may have done something and just dont know it

i've tried to stretch and move it around hoping to free from the problem but no worky so far

lupus is moving higher up the list

Zedbra
04-20-2010, 10:50 PM

i had pinched my ulnar nerve last year and i had numbness in my fingers for months

stew44
04-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Happy 4:20 :)
8)

mr_fungle
04-21-2010, 01:19 AM
stroke

or lupus.

DaveM
04-21-2010, 03:41 AM
as much as I'd like to join in on the amusement

I had numbness in my fingers years ago, turned out to be a pinched nerve in my neck. Not getting it diagnosed early enough had turn into muscle weakness in my arm, chest and back to the point of muscle atrophy. Months of visits to physiotherapists and eventually a neurologist and ct scan fixed nothing, a good chiropractor fixed me up in a month and it's been good ever since.

gooch
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM
as much as I'd like to join in on the amusement

I had numbness in my fingers years ago, turned out to be a pinched nerve in my neck. Not getting it diagnosed early enough had turn into muscle weakness in my arm, chest and back to the point of muscle atrophy. Months of visits to physiotherapists and eventually a neurologist and ct scan fixed nothing, a good chiropractor fixed me up in a month and it's been good ever since.

there is a super hot new chiropractor in town so this is good news imo

switch
04-21-2010, 11:54 AM
there is a super hot new chiropractor in town so this is good news imoYou should get 13 to give you an exam.

Bushman
04-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Healing vibes man, these pesky things can sometimes be nothing. Hope you get good news or no news and this thing just blows over.

KenN
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
there is a super hot new chiropractor in town so this is good news imo

I'm pretty sure it won't be one of those clinics where you can pay extra for the happy ending.

Kn.

gooch
04-22-2010, 05:22 AM
You should get 13 to give you an exam.

i'd go for the cameron and 13 double examination anyday

gooch
04-28-2010, 10:48 PM
just got back from docs, all tests came back negative

now i get to go in for an ultrasound (to see if i'm pregnant i think) and then down to the city for nerve tests and hopefully to rule out lupus

MudPie
04-28-2010, 10:49 PM
to see if i'm pregnant i think
did you have period in the last month? did you forget to take it in the pooper?

gooch
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
did you have period in the last month? did you forget to take it in the pooper?

i'll have to check, i really can't remember the last time i had my period to tell you the truth

[email protected]
04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
You could be pregnant and not even know it....

MudPie
04-28-2010, 11:13 PM
i'll have to check, i really can't remember the last time i had my period to tell you the truth

oh oh could be serious. you didn't answer the second question though, everything's confidential on nsmb.

Chewylewy
04-28-2010, 11:14 PM

Don't be suprised if a baby pops out all of a sudden. It happens.

Being pregnant and not knowing it could be a symptom of Lupus.

gooch
04-28-2010, 11:32 PM
oh oh could be serious. you didn't answer the second question though, everything's confidential on nsmb.

on a serious note, i can't believe i didn't have a single std

Chewylewy
04-29-2010, 12:25 AM
The Lupus might be fighting off the stds.

gtse
04-29-2010, 01:24 AM
on a serious note, i can't believe i didn't have a single std

don't worry, i told you son, you have to git w/ a girl in order to get an std. :D

gooch
04-29-2010, 01:26 AM
The Lupus might be fighting off the stds.

lupus is a hellova drug