PDA

View Full Version : Return of Bobby Loo...

Sideshow
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Wow. I'm speechless. Can we start some semi-intelligent discussion here...?

GeoffG
01-19-2009, 07:10 PM
I can't believe Sundin wasn't in the box for at least one goal last night. I also can't believe people cheer for the Canucks. Another fail season coming up.

[email protected]
01-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Missed the game. Was it at least a good game to watch?

lambert
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
common, Lu does need some time now, its like what only his second game back.

the oil/coyote game was fantastic. Only probem is if they keep retiring the dynastys numbers like they are; they are going to run out of numbers for the team.

chupacabra
01-19-2009, 07:37 PM
When is he coming back?

Random Hero
01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
You never blame the goalie, unless they are bad goals. Our d is crappy and we seem to think we can milk one goal leads and let lou stand on his head. Sorry team, but you cant rely on a goalie to win games for you.

DaveM
01-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I thought it was a pretty good game to watch, except for that 5 minutes of despair where they played like they did for the past 6 games. Sundin is catching up, hits, a goal and some nasty play. He looked to be keeping the pace, must faster than the last few games. I think the next couple of games will have him back playing like we hope he will. Luongo let in a few shitty, but the defence was shitty too and he did make some pretty nice ones. Bieksa looked like damaged goods, he needs to get his confidence back.

Tim Allen
01-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah whats up with Bieksa right now. We need him playing at the level he can.

gerewh0re
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
i am not a big enough fan to know when kessler is having a bad slump or the last time wellwood scored, but WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH BIEKSA? :lol: i more bad play and i would have believed he was paid off to lose

Jaysin
01-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Seems to me that the D got comfortable with giving the puck up and relying on Lou to make the save before he got injured. Bring in Schneider, Sandford and Labarbera, combine them with the same horrendous D giveaways, and you have a team that better put up 5 or 6 goals in order to get a W.

Now that Lou is back, those same defencemen are still playing mediocre at best, and Lou isnt in his finest form, so they are still struggling.

The Defencemen really need to reevaluate their game plan, and start playing with some confidence.

And Bieksa should be benched for a game. Smarten the Fack up.

Dude
01-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Seems to me that the D got comfortable with giving the puck up and relying on Lou to make the save before he got injured. Bring in Schneider, Sandford and Labarbera, combine them with the same horrendous D giveaways, and you have a team that better put up 5 or 6 goals in order to get a W.

Now that Lou is back, those same defencemen are still playing mediocre at best, and Lou isnt in his finest form, so they are still struggling.

The Defencemen really need to reevaluate their game plan, and start playing with some confidence.

And Bieksa should be benched for a game. Smarten the Fack up.

I'm a big Bieksa fan but totally agree here...he's making lazy mistakes. I think he thinks he has the ability to hang on to the puck the extra second longer than everyone else, and therefore does, then a big freaking error ensues. Just get back to moving the puck quickly. Simple.

Also, I'd like to see him snap again...where's Fedor Fedorov these days? Maybe he can make an appearance in the 'Nucks dressing room.

Tim Allen
01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Also, I'd like to see him snap again...where's Fedor Fedorov these days? Maybe he can make an appearance in the 'Nucks dressing room.

:lol:

DaveM
01-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I had to google it, funny story :lol:

"Great kid," said Ducks general manager Brian Burke, who was Canucks GM when they drafted Bieksa. "And a great story."

Uncertain whether he wanted to sign Bieksa following the defenseman's senior season at Bowling Green, Burke invited him to the Manitoba Moose (AHL). His first night with the club, Burke recalled, the 6-foot-1-inch Bieksa didn't play, but that night he joined his new teammates at a local pub.

"He's in there, having a good time, and he bumps the table of another of our kids, Fedor Fedorov," said Burke. (Fedorov, brother of the better known Sergei, is now back in Russia, playing for Yaroslavl.) "Well, one thing leads to another, and Fedorov, a pretty good-sized kid [6 foot 3 inches, 230 pounds], asks Bieksa if he wants to take it outside. So, Bieksa's a willing kid, and says, 'Sure, let's go!' "

Out to the parking lot the two went, and according to Burke, Bieksa KO'd the bigger Fedorov with one punch.

"Down and out!" recalled Burke. "The next day, I'm talking to [assistant GM Steve Tambellini], and I guess Bieksa was all worried about it, saying to Tamby, "Oh, geez, I'm all done, Burkie's going to be really [steamed], I show up and knock out one of his own guys.' I listen to Tamby and I say, 'Are you kidding me? I love that. Sign him -- today!'

GeoffG
01-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Bieksa is suspect. I've been saying it for years. You guys give him way too much credit.

brian
01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
never have a seen so many teams get a breakaway of the faceoff in the offensive zone.

Random Hero
01-19-2009, 11:13 PM
never have a seen so many teams get a breakaway of the faceoff in the offensive zone.

LOL, too funny.

And yes bieksa is a slouch at best.

Dude
01-19-2009, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't say slouch- present situation excluded- but I would say he's been reading too many of his earlier press clippings from November.

I like him because of what got him here...he's a junkyard dog who worked his ass off, and wasn't afraid to take chances, and take ownership. He plays on emotion, and I love that. The kid oozes leadership ability.

That being said, he isn't playing like a leader right now, he's playing like a guy who is overly comfortable with his place on the team as 1/2 of the top pairing. He needs to sort himself out and fast.